Clinical Pharmacy and Practice
College / Department Profile
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility.
College of Pharmacy is the first and only pharmacy degree program in the State of Qatar. The college offers 5 years BSc (Pharmacy), Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) and MSc (Pharm) degree programs.
Our program is the first international program to be accredited by the Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (CCAPP) and partners with local and international education and health care institutions to support its academic and research mandates.
As a lead College, the first of its kind in this country and a pillar of the Qatar University Health Cluster, we are undergoing constant change as we strive to achieve excellence while meeting our mandate, to provide its graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to become competent pharmacists, to meet the health care needs of this society.
The vision of the College is to be the leading pharmacy college in the Middle East region.
College of Pharmacy, Qatar University invites applications for a full time faculty position at the Assistant / Associate / Full Professor level beginning January, 2019.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will teach and coordinate courses in Clinical Pharmacy in both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The candidate must have a strong research record commensurate with the rank sought as evidenced by publication in reputable peer-
reviewed international journals. The successful candidate will establish an active independent research program that incorporates undergraduate and graduate research.
In addition, the candidate will engage in interdisciplinary collaboration with other colleges under the Qatar University Health Cluster (including the College of Medicine, College of Health Sciences) in both teaching and research.
A research portfolio that complements the existing research strengths established by the Qatar University Health Cluster according to the Qatar 2030 Vision is preferred.
Minimum requirements include an earned Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD or PhD) degree from an accredited school or college of pharmacy with an appropriate research background and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates with a professional degree in Clinical Pharmacy and at least 5 years of teaching experience with documented accomplishments in research and services are preferred.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Letter of interest
3. A record of teaching excellence (or teaching philosophy)
4. A brief (1-2 page) research plan.
5. Three Papers that best exemplify research interests.
6. Three letters of reference must be submitted
7. Copy of highest earned credential
8. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
The employment Package is commensurate with experience and rank and highly competitive, it includes :
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. 12-month tax free salary.
3. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU-HR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.