POSITION SUMMARY :
All applicants must possess a valid Secret or Interim Secret prior to offer. Subject to validation at, or before an offer is made.
The Fitness Technician is responsible for the repair and maintenance of bicycles / bicycle racks, fitness equipment, appliances, and machines located in recreation services and lodging facilities as specified in the Performance Work Statement.
The Fitness Technician reports to the Maintenance Manager.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES :
1. Performs maintenance and repair work on fitness equipment, bicycles, bicycle racks, dehumidifiers, popcorn machines, arcade machines, microwaves, refrigerators, chiller reefer units, washer and dryers, open face coolers, and fire detection / suppression equipment.
2. Identify needed parts and prepare purchase requests.
3. Shall provide driving and loading / unloading assistance with deliveries of supplies, bottled water and newspapers.
4. Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards, leading by example, working as a team and providing well maintained equipment and facilities.
5. Shall perform work in a safe manner that presents a clean, neat and professional appearance while maintaining satisfactory facility and equipment conditions.
6. Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, professional atmosphere, free of dust, clutter and trash in all working facilities and areas.
7. Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment and tools).
8. Responsible for following a comprehensive, flexible, and properly documented training program.
9. Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
10. Shall perform as supplemental personnel as needed for all Installation Service functional areas.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED :
Mechanic’s tool kit, various hand and power tools. Standard office equipment (Computer, phone, scanner), and automated management systems.
may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment. Use of portable radios or cell phones to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
Work will be inside and outside. Exposure to cold, dust, noise, and chemicals may occur. Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs.
Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
Task specific work environment training will be provided as required. Must be prepared to function in a wartime environment to support U.
S. interests. 100% Overseas Assignment.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES :
Physical requirements may include lifting up to 35lbs, team lifting 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, and standing, stooping, stretching or bending.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education / Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Must possess a valid Secret or Interim Secret prior to offer. Subject to validation at, or before an offer is made
Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current, valid U. S. Passport and U. S. Driver’s License.
Two-year vocational school certificate in maintenance technologies, military training or equivalent preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must have the capability of obtaining an Air Force flight line driver’s license and capable of driving a manual transmission.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
Must be able to pass employment and deployment qualification requirements that include psychological, medical, dental, drug testing, background checks, etc.
Candidates must successfully complete both online and hands on CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear)defense training.
Training includes the successful fit testing of DOD provided protective gear.
Shall have a minimum of 2 years of maintenance experience and shall be able to use basic tools or instruments to repair, diagnose, assemble, adjust, test and calibrate fitness equipment, bicycles, bicycle racks and machines.
Fitness equipment exp. to include Hammer Strength and Pro Maxima equipment. Shall have knowledge of basic electrical principals and be able to provide knowledgeable, courteous and professional customer service.
Experience as a Forklift driver and HAZMAT training preferred.
Great communication, teamwork and customer service skills.
Capable of operating audio and visual equipment.
Must be skilled with Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements
Military experience in a contingency environment and knowledge and experience working with government contracts preferred.
SECURITY CLEARANCE :
All applicants must possess a valid Secret or Interim Secret clearance at the time of offer. Subject to validation at, or before an offer is made