Student Affairs, Student Learning Support Center
College / Department Profile
Qatar University Profile :
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility.
This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Department Profile :
Student Affairs contributes to the educational mission of Qatar University by providing innovative opportunities, quality programs, and efficient services that enrich the students’ learning experience and their personal development.
Qatar University was founded in 1973 and is a member of the Arab Universities Federation and the International Federation of Universities.
Qatar University offers Foundation programs as well as Undergraduate and Graduate degree programs to over 8,000 enrolled students.
Please visit the QU website () to learn more about our degree programs, our research, university facilities, and campus life.
Duties & Responsibilities
develops language supportresources.
Provides supplemental English sessions toindividual students and groups of students of all levels and disciplines.
Teaches and conducts workshops and deliverclassroom presentations on remedial topics in English listening, reading,speaking, and grammar skills.
Creates new, targeted programs to supportstudents with low levels of English language proficiency
Creates new, and identifies / revisesexisting, paper and electronic language skills resources for students.
Tracks individual students’ progress andregularly communicates with faculty on student language needs.Maintains individual student files.
Recruits, supervises, and trains newqualified peer tutors.
Schedules, oversees, and evaluatespeer-tutoring staff.
Refers students to other campus supportservices such as the Academic Support Unit, the Student Counselling Center,Library, etc., when appropriate.
Participates in committees designated withspecific tasks such as event planning and updating the e-newsletter and socialmedia outlets.
Participates in New Student Orientation andCollege orientation sessions
Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in English,TESOL, or related field. Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
Two or more years of recent experience inteaching and / or tutoring English is required.A high level of proficiency in English as well as near-
native (English)fluency is required. Strong interpersonal skills are also necessary.
Ability to work flexible hours and respond tostudent needs and faculty inquiries in a professional and timely manner Generalknowledge of QU’s undergraduate language curriculum and a genuine interest inhelping students is highly required.
Ability to tutor a variety of Foundation andundergraduate English Language courses required.
Strong computer and information technologyskills.
Excellent planning, organizational, andcommunication skills required.
Bilingual ability in Arabic and English isstrongly preferred.
Non Academic :
1. Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
2. Experience Certificates.
3. At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information(physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential(transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where coursework was completed.
However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
Non Academic :
1. Competitive tax-free salary.
2. Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
3. Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
4. Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
5. Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
6. End-of-contract indemnity.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate’s children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.