Thisposition description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet therequirements of the program or company.
All applicants must possess a valid Secret or Interim Secretprior to offer. Subject to validation at, or before an offer is made.
The Maintenance Technician (MT) is responsible for the repair and maintenance ofbicycles / bicycle racks, fitness equipment, appliances, and machines located inrecreation services and lodging facilities as specified in the Performance WorkStatement.
MAJOR JOBACTIVITIES :
1. Performsmaintenance and repair work on fitness equipment, bicycles, bicycle racks,dehumidifiers, popcorn machines, arcade machines, microwaves, refrigerators,chiller reefer units, washer and dryers, open face coolers, and firedetection / suppression equipment.
2. Identifyneeded parts and prepare purchase requests.
3. Shallprovide driving and loading / unloading assistance with deliveries of supplies,bottled water and newspapers.
4. Responsiblefor communicating and upholding company standards, leading by example, workingas a team and providing well maintained equipment and facilities.
5. Shall performwork in a safe manner that presents a clean, neat and professional appearancewhile maintaining satisfactory facility and equipment conditions.
6. Responsiblefor maintaining a safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, professionalatmosphere, free of dust, clutter and trash in all working facilities andareas.
7. Responsiblefor proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractorprovided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment andtools).
8. Responsiblefor following a comprehensive, flexible, and properly documented trainingprogram.
9. Responsiblefor precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accuratecompletion of timesheet.
10. Shallperform as supplemental personnel as needed for all Installation Servicefunctional areas.
11. Performsother duties as assigned.
MATERIAL& EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED :
Mechanic’stool kit, various hand and power tools. Standard office equipment (Computer,phone, scanner), and automated management systems.
may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment. Use ofportable radios or cell phones to maintain contact and accountability of workactivities.
Work will beinside and outside. Exposure to cold, dust, noise, and chemicals may occur.Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs.
Employee must comply with all Federal, Stateand Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as writteninstructions.
Task specific workenvironment training will be provided as required. Must be prepared to functionin a wartime environment to support U.
S. interests. 100% Overseas Assignment.
Physicalrequirements may include lifting up to 35lbs, team lifting 50lbs, climbing,extended sitting, and standing, stooping, stretching or bending.
Education / Certifications : One year related experience may besubstituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Mustpossess a valid Secret or Interim Secret prior to offer. Subject to validationat, or before an offer is made
Mustbe a U.S. Citizen with a current, valid U. S. Passport and U. S. Driver’sLicense.
Two-yearvocational school certificate in maintenance technologies, military training orequivalent preferred.
High schooldiploma or equivalent.
Must havethe capability of obtaining an Air Force flight line driver’s license andcapable of driving a manual transmission.
Must be ableto read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
Must be ableto pass employment and deployment qualification requirements that includepsychological, medical, dental, drug testing, background checks, etc.
Candidatesmust successfully complete both online and hands on CBRN (chemical, biological,radiological and nuclear)defense training.
Training includes the successful fittesting of DOD provided protective gear.
Shall have aminimum of 2 years of maintenance experience and shall be able to use basictools or instruments to repair, diagnose, assemble, adjust, test and calibratefitness equipment, bicycles, bicycle racks and machines.
Fitness equipment exp. to include HammerStrength and Pro Maxima equipment. Shall have knowledge of basic electricalprincipals and be able to provide knowledgeable, courteous and professionalcustomer service.
Experience as a Forklift driver and HAZMAT trainingpreferred.
Greatcommunication, teamwork and customer service skills.
Capable ofoperating audio and visual equipment.
Must be skilledwith Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
Able andwilling to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements
Military experiencein a contingency environment and knowledge and experience working withgovernment contracts preferred.
Allapplicants must possess a valid Secret or Interim Secret clearance at the timeof offer. Subject to validation at, or before an offer is made
Organization : AFCAP TO 17
Title : Maintenance Technician
Location : Qatar
Requisition ID : AFC000134
Clearance Level required at Start Date : Secret
Travel : Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace.
Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
EOE / Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran