The Systems Administrator I monitors Tier 1 / 2 server operations and performance using appropriate software applications and tools.
The Administrators shall be the Helpdesk POC for all theater NIPR and SIPR enterprise systems issues, create and / or manage trouble tickets, and monitor status and report outages to RNOSC Operations.
Reports directly to the Systems Administrator II.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES :
1. Operates and maintains all aspects of server administration to include but is not limited to Microsoft 200X Active Directory, WINS, DNS, DHCP, print queues etc.
2. Daily administration of Exchange 200X servers and Outlook Web Access.
3. Microsoft SMS, MOM, SCCM and WSUS.
4. VERITAS Backup Exec to conduct file server Backup / Restores.
5. Maintain Systems Availability and perform regular maintenance on equipment.
6. Proficient at hardware maintenance and troubleshooting of various vender Server platforms including Dell, HP, LTO tape library, fiber switch, and SANs.
7. Maintaining antivirus / security requirements by the US Army standards and regulations.
8. Provides user and Microsoft Exchange account maintenance as required.
9. Performs other duties as required.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
The work environment will be 95% indoor and 5% outdoor. The outdoor work environment may exceed temperatures 100 F. Candidate must be able to physically withstand extreme heat.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES :
Candidate must be able to lift, push and pull up to 40 lbs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education / Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Education : Associates Degree in Information Technology (IT) or a related field.
Certifications : This position requires candidates to adhere to DoD 8570.01-M. All candidates are required to maintain at least one (1) baseline certification and one (1) computing environment (CE) certification.
The authorized certifications for this job title are listed as follows :
IAT Level : IAT II
Baseline : CASP, CCNA Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GSEC, GCED, GCIH, Security ce, SSCPCE :
Experience : At least five (5) years of practical experience working with Windows Server 200 or higher operating systems (OS) and Active Directory tools.
Candidate must possess a basic understanding of security principles and their application to an enterprise AD environment.
Organization : OMDAC-SWACA
Title : SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR I
Location : Qatar
Requisition ID : OMD000180
Clearance Level required at Start Date : Secret
Travel : No
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace.
Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
EOE / Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.