Core Curriculum Program
College / Department Profile
Qatar University is the nationalinstitution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high qualityundergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates, destined toshape the future of Qatar.
The university community has diverse and committedfaculty who teach and conduct research which addresses relevant local andregional challenges, advances knowledge, and contributes actively to the needsand aspirations of society.
Core Curriculum Program (CCP)
The Core Curriculum coursesprovide broad exposure to multidiscipline areas such as social & behavioralsciences, humanities / fine arts, natural sciences and mathematics that allundergraduate students are compulsory to take while pursuing their degrees inthe University.
The Core Curriculum Program providesan integrative approach to Core Curriculum Education. The Program providesopportunities for students to synthesize knowledge, promotes a deeper understandingof self in the context of Qatar society, and fosters a broader understanding ofthe global environment in respond to the demands of the 21st Century.
Throughthe CCP, QU students will be well-prepared to pursuit a career in their chosendisciplines and be engaged citizens in both the local and global communities.
The Core Curriculum Program seeks to recruit full-time faculty toteach First Year students create greater success in college and in life.
TheFaculty will teach students strategies for making greater academic,professional, and personal success. The purpose of this course is to facilitatestudents’ transition from high school to university environment and success atthe University.
The Faculty will teach topicssuch as learning styles, study techniques, note-taking, test-taking, personalwellness, effective writing and reading, time management, career and educationalplanning, critical thinking, problem solving and interpersonal skilldevelopment.
Qualified candidates will also be involved in further development ofthe program. Applicants must have outstanding experiences in teaching FirstYear students.
The Faculty must also be competent to conduct research andinvolved in scholarly publications.
Duties & Responsibilities
Non Academic :
1. Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
2. Experience Certificates.
3. At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed.
However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
Non Academic :
1. Competitive tax-free salary.
2. Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
3. Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
4. Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
5. Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
6. End-of-contract indemnity.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.