Nakilat Keppel Offshore Marine LTD - Ras Laffan
Responsible for managing the provision of an efficient, high quality and valuable Occupational Health service for N-KOM employees, clients and contractors.
Ensures compliance with responsibilities imposed by health and safety legislation while maximizing and promoting the health of all employees as well as reducing the risk in occupational health.
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
WORKING EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
1) Customer Focus
2) Effective English Communication Skills (oral and written)
3) People & Teamwork Oriented (Interpersonal Skills)
4) Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office / Excel / PowerPoint)
7) Negotiating Skills
8) Good level of physical fitness and stamina
9) Strong planning and organization Skill
10) Knowledge and understanding of incident and accident investigation procedure
11) Knowledge and understanding offirst aid and life-saving technique
12) First Aid
13) Knowledge and understanding of shipyard operation
14) Knowledge and understanding of SHEQS Policy, 5 Key Safety Principles, High Impact Risk Activities (HIRA), HSSE Procedures and Work Instructions.
15) Knowledge of relevant Health, Safety, Security and Environmental local legislation and shipyard HSSE practices
16) Knowledge of Risk Assessment and Risk Management
17) Knowledge and understanding of Incident and Accident Investigation Procedure
18) Knowledge and understanding of first aid and life-saving techniques.
19) Project Management Skills
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Actively supervises and monitors care practices rendered in all N-KOM health care facilities, identifying and responding appropriately to the changing needs of the employees to ensure care needs are consistently met.
Monitors Daily Consultation statistics, referrals to affiliated hospitals, number of sick leaves, time off given in a day and for employees with work restriction and light duties.
Meets and resolves issues with consultation, referrals and health care services. Reports significant issues to Management for proper solution and coordination.
2) Plans and implements occupational health promotions and health awareness campaigns in coordination with employees' wellbeing and with national health.
Reviews all reports including Case Management, Daily Consultation, Weekly Health Statistics, Monthly Yard Statistics and Fitness to Work and highlights trends to Management.
3) Formulates, implements and evaluates policies and strategies for health protection and surveillance of workers to meet N-
KOM and legislative requirements. Promotes employees' health and wellbeing in line with national health strategies. Monitors the availability of First Aid boxes, Eye wash station, medicine stocks and inventory in the yard and at N-KOM residences.
4) Conducts and Facilitates First Aid at Work among N-KOM employees, JVs and subcontractor. Ensures the availability of the basic medicine, supplies and maintenance of the equipment needed for all N-KOM Health facilities.
5) Coordinates with health organizations and hospitals like Ministry of Health, Medical Commission and Hamad Hospital, etc.
when needed. Participates with the Yard and Residence Walkthroughs.
6) Facilitates Employment Evaluation for existing and new employees. Ensures proper waste disposal is implemented to all N-
KOM Health Facilities. Assists in raising and procuring health-related items.