College / Department Profile
InformationTechnology Services strives to support everywhere, integrated, and fullyengaging learning experiences. We take a proactive and collaborativeapproach to deliver innovative, reliable, and sustainable technologies thatoptimize satisfaction and desired outcomes.
Information TechnologyServices provides support to the entire University in the following majorfunctional areas : Academic Computing, Administrative Computing, End-
UserTraining and Support, Communications and Networking, and Systems Administrationand Operation.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Collaborate with Director to understand their strategic HR, Finance, Procurement, IT and General Services requirements and act as the first point of contact to resolve strategic and operational issues.
2. Manage coordination with the HR, Finance, IT and General Services departments for the efficient and effective delivery of services for the Directorate and to ensure the timely resolution of issues in line with QU’s strategy, policies and procedures.
3. Work with relevant departments to provide advice and support to the Director in regard to QU’s HR, Finance, Procurement, IT and General Services strategy, policies and procedures to help them resolve employee and operational issues.
4. Collaborate with the support services department to ensure that the HR, Finance, Procurement and IT systems are effectively and efficiently being used and maintained by the Directorate and any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
5. Collaborate with Directorate leadership to understand recruitment needs and identify critical positions and coordinate with HR to develop an annual recruitment plan, training plan, succession plan and retention plan for the Directorate.
6. Work with the HR department to support the Directorate’s candidate sourcing, screening, interviewing, selection and hiring efforts, in coordination with the appropriate recruiting committee and advise on the consistent and timely application of QU’s strategy, policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
7. Facilitate performance ratings calibration discussions and conduct training needs analysis in coordination with Directors to ensure they have accurate and reliable information to develop cost effective training and development plans.
8. Work with staff to ensure that leave balance, salary adjustments, payroll processing and other employee data for the Directorate is accurate.
9. Collaborate with Directorate leadership to understand and develop short and long term procurement plans and requirements and coordinate with the Procurement Department to ensure procurement and contract planning is compliant and consistent with QU policies and procedures and support in resolving any issues.
10. Work with the Procurement Department to support the Directorate by providing advice and supporting procurement and contract management in order to ensure, efficiency, informed decision making and value for money.
11. Collaborate with the Directorate to ensure payments and expenses are processed in a timely manner and in accordance to the QU policies and procedures and resolve any variances as appropriate.
12. Work with the Finance Department to provide advice and support to the Directorate in planning and managing the budget and accounts in accordance to the QU strategy, policies and procedures and in meeting its financial targets.
13. Work with IT Services to advise the Directorate on technology risks and support in preventing and resolving technology issues in an effective and efficient manner.
14. Coordinate with IT Services in order to provide the Directorate with the IT services and products required to meet their needs.
15. Lead the coordination between the Directorate and the General Services Department in regards to implementing facilities maintenance, safety and security policies and procedures.
16. Lead the maintenance and updating of accurate Directorate HR, Finance, Procurement, IT and General Services related records and ensure that central and local data are aligned, up to date and accurate.
17. Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
18.Arrange all aspects of internal,inter-agency and inter-departmental meetings as requested and minute meetingsas required whilst maintaining a high degree of confidentiality for allinformation handled.
19.Ensure the provision and maintenance of resources, including officesupplies, furniture and equipment to minimize waste and maintain the effectiveoperation of the service area.
20.Contribute to the planning, monitoring and evaluation of team budgets toensure the effective operation of the Directorate.
Education and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in Business Administration or related field.
A certification in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution is a plus
Normally a minimum of four years of post-degree relevant business support experience in a university or service sector organization.
Normally at least two years of experience in a similar role in the GCC region.
Non Academic :
1. Curriculum Vitae withcover letter
2. Degree certificate and transcript
3. Experience Certificates
4. At least three references including contact numbers and emailaddresses.
Non Academic :
1. Competitive tax-free salary.
2. Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
3. Annual round trip air tickets for candidate anddependents according to HRM Law.
4. Public health care and health insurance to candidate andfamily members.
5. Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
6. End-of-contract indemnity.