Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
3. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Must meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01-M, SPIN-C, or individual task order.
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE :
Lead level hands on work experience in support of installations, repair, and troubleshooting or maintenance of communications systems or equipment.
Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.
Experience, to include : supervision, and shop practices.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE :
Personnel in this labor category are considered experts in the field. Lead level experience in maintenance / troubleshooting of VTC electronic systems or equipment as specified in the task order to include the following :
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-
critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.