There’s nothingcomplicated about dealing with business people.
They’re just people.Doing business.
By day, internationalmarketing superhero. By night : fluffy bath robe and a box set.
Like Liz, who’s left herlaptop cable in the cab. Or Mario, who’s secretly missing his cats. The earlyriser, who’s first in the gym.
The sales team preparing for the big pitch’over a freshly prepared lunch. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embracethe new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want ahotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at everyturn.
As Learning andDevelopment Manager you will be responsible for managing the hotel'slearning & development function, including developing a compliment ofqualified departmental trainers and establishes a hotel system for generatingtraining data and evaluating results
DUTIES AND OTHERRESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Analyzingtraining needs of the hotel in general and in individual departments,developing strategies and including them in the Training Business Plan.
2. Assists Directorof Human Resources with preparing annual training budget & maintains hoteltraining records, statistics and training and development budgets and includein a monthly training report.
3. Designs andimplements training programmes which meet specific departmental needs inconjunction with Department Heads, ensuring that training session plans arestructured and that training is effective
4. Conducts off jobtraining sessions based on the Hotel Training Needs which include Induction andOrientation, Brand and Service training, Foundation Programmes, Driving RevenuePerformance & Building Managers.
5. Providesindividual or group instruction to Department Heads and Supervisors to improvethe effectiveness of their staff meetings, performance reviews or othertraining related and people activities
6. Assists in theselection of Departmental Trainers, then trains and develops them throughon-going workshops and monthly meetings
7. As part of theTraining Needs Analysis conducts Departmental Training Reviews on a regularbasis, helping the Departmental Trainers to establish training system withinthe department.
8. Assists Director of Human Resources andDepartment Heads with identifying high potential and high value individuals andensures career progression within the hotel / company matching it with theirdevelopment potentials
9. Responsible for running the selection stage forHigh Potential Managers Development Centre, career insight, etc.
10. Ensuresthat all employees have Personal Development Plans with identified developmentneeds and opportunities to address them
11. Provideinput to department managers prior to bi-annual performance and developmentreviews of their teams.
12. Plans andconducts the Performance management modules for senior and supervisory level toalign the process in the hotel within the time scale advised by corporateoffice.
13. ReviewsAnnual Performance Review forms and Personal Development Plans and recommendsappropriate development opportunities
14. Ensuresthat all relevant departments have up to date Service Standards and ProceduresManuals and guides and coaches in the production of the same
15. Ensuresthat all Departmental Trainers are compliant with IHG ways of Training.
16. Ensuresthat every department has got departmental monthly training calendar and thedepartment submits training report at the end of each month
17. Observesdepartmental training sessions on a regular basis and provides feedback andcoaching to the trainers identifying strengths and development opportunities
18. Closelymonitors hotel Guest Love and Employee Engagement Survey results and developshotel training strategy considering the appropriate scores
19. Worksclosely with Director of Human Resources on new employee on-boarding andensures that every employee has completed departmental induction and hasreceived initial skills training within the first two weeks of employment.
20. Ensuresthat all new starters have completed IHG Hotel Orientation program and brandculture training within one month since the starting date.
21. Prepare andmonitor training programs for all trainees coming to the hotel fortraining purposes, work experience students and school trainees etc.
includesIHG Graduates programme)
22. Maintainsnecessary training records
23. Responsiblefor booking and arranging training rooms and necessary requirements.
24. Liaiseswith external training providers to organize training not available in house
25. Liaiseswith educational institutions on the matters of trainee internships
26. Responsiblefor preparing external trainees initial training plans
27. CounselsHotel staff as needed. Develops, implements performance managementsystems to plan, appraise and improve individual and team performance
28. To manage the hotel cross training function
29. To manage / take partin key projects related to the hotel, region and the HR department
30. Manage and deliver MonthlyL&D report
31. Manage the role of the DT Trainerand ensure effective development of the Buddy system andin line with Departmental Task Induction
32. To maintain accurate budgeting / expenditure records and ensure an acceptable level of strict adherence tocosts.
We’ll reward all yourhard work with a great salary and benefits including a uniform, great roomdiscount and superb training.
Join us and you’llbecome part of the global IHG family and like all families, all ourindividual team members share some winning characteristics.
As a team, we workbetter together we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and wewelcome different perspectives.
You need to show us you care : that you noticethe little things that make a difference to guests as well as always lookingfor ways to improve -
visit www.http : / / careers.ihg.com to find out more aboutus.
So go on - show us howyour passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorableexperiences to our guests. Find out more about joining us today by goingto Join IHG Careers Qatar