Basic Medical Science Department
Qatar University Profile :
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility.
This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
College Profile :
The College of Medicine is the eighth college of Qatar University and was founded in October 2014. It is fully aligned with Qatar’s national strategies in Education and Health, as well as Qatar University’s strategic plan.
The College of Medicine will admit the first cohort of students in Fall 2015 and will utilize an innovative ability-based curriculum and a student-
centered approach to teaching and learning to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to graduate competent physicians to meet the health care needs of society.
The College will offer a 6-year medical program, leading to an MD degree that will enable graduates to pursue advanced clinical training.
Graduates will be prepared by the College of Medicine to sit for international medical licensing exams to ensure their seamless transition into the next phases of their medical careers.
The College will contribute to medical education, patient care, medical research, and community outreach in Qatar. We intend to build an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber, skilled in the scholarship of teaching, discovery, application and integration of knowledge.
See our website at for further information.
Duties & Responsibilities
1.Teach courses in the area of expertise suchas but not limited to Bioinformatics and computational biology, Researchmethodology, Clinical epidemiology, Molecular basis of diseases.
2.Contribute to various committees at theProgram, College, and University level
3.Contribute to the research profile of the College through research publications
4.Contribute to the teaching of the College through serving as a student tutor / advisor
5.Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
1. PhD in biomedical science or equivalent related research experience
2. Strong peer reviewed publications and grant record
3. Direct experience in successful supervision of PhD students
4. Teaching experience at PhD and Masters’ levels
5. Familiar with educational approaches & technologies used in HE sector
6. Willingness to work with teams
7. Awareness of working with people from diverse backgrounds
8. Excellentwritten and oral communication skills
Non Academic :
1. Curriculum Vitea with cover letter.
2. Experience Certificates.
3. At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
Academic : 1. Current Curriculum Vitea.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed.
However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
Non Academic :
1. Competitive tax-free salary.
2. Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
3. Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
4. Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
5. Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.