The specialist works ina team setting and is accountable to the Consultant, Section Headand / or Department Chair. The Specialist acts under the guidance ofthe Consultant in the provision of clinical service and supportsthe Consultant in their duties.
The specialist participates in themanagement of patients to the extent of his / her delineation ofprivileges.
Research is a key and integral component tothe Corporations Strategic aim to become an Academic Health System.The post holder must be able to contribute and support ondelivering an integrated strategic vision and planning forClinical, Research, Education and training which improves thequality of patient care.
The specialistis responsible for organizing, monitoring and maintaining theservices provided within the department in order to achieve thehighest possible level of patient care with optimum utilization ofthe available resources.
1. Adheres to policies,guidelines, plans and programs.
2. Performs all dutiesassigned to a specialist physician
3. Acquires SCHLicense to practice and maintains it while working for the medicalgroup.
4. Completes and maintains his set of clinicalprivileges.
5. Performs all relevant patient-careclinical interventions related to his / her field of specializationto the extent of his / her delineation ofprivileges.