Primary purpose of job To Manage the drillingoperations associated with three drilling rigs in the Dukhan field.The scope of responsibility is to ensure that all new wella inDukhan are drilled in safe and efficient manner and achieve theirobjectives.
Principal Accountabilities :
1.Manage the activities on four to five onshore drilling / workoverrigs by ensuring that all operations are conducted safely andefficiently and in accordance with the drilling / workover programmeand the QP standards and procedures.
2. Reviewand endorse all drilling / workover programmes and if necessaryprovide expert input to the well design and operational programmesto ensure drilling / workover activities are programmed effectivelyand thereafter executed without any problems.
3.Provide advice and support to the Drilling Supervisors(DSV's) and when necessary take the lead to resolve keyproblems.
This will involve the detailed analysis of operationaldata and the coordination of input from other colleagues indrilling & completion (UD) and Field Development Department(UN) as well as from contractor personnel.
Typical problems willinclude loss of primary well control, stuck pipe, hole trajectorydifficulties, loss of well integrity due to corrosion in the tubingor casing, stuck packers and stuck tubing hangers.
4. Ensure that DSVs take ownership for all HSE issues on their rigsincluding the follow-up and close-out of recommendations from HSEincidents on other rigs under contract to QP to ensure safe rigoperations at all times.
s) for their operations and bymonitoring performance and managing the operation to achieve orbeat the targets. When necessary take remedial action to addressperformance issues.
s) andensure that recommendations are fully understood and implemented toavoid reoccurrence on all rigs assigned to the jobholder.
s and contractor personnel implement the plans anddeliver against the targets.
8. Developtechnical specifications for any new drilling / workover rigs orservice contracts to ensure that contracted services arefit-for-purpose and include up-to-date technology andequipment.
9. Manage the performance reviews ofthe DSV's in accordance with the QP Appraisal Process toenhance the productivity of the Operational team and to identifyany training required.
10. Assist in the development of traineeQatari engineers by ensuring that they are given meaningful andchallenging assignments on drilling / workover rigs with full supportform the DSVs to help achieve QP Corporate objectives forQatarization.
Experience & Skills