Job Title : Cost Specialist
Job Type : Contract / 24 Months
Job start date : Immediate
Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Develop and maintain cost management guidance and provide advice on cost estimating, cost forecasting, cost accounting and reporting, cost allocation and cost benchmarking and control issues to ensure effective processes are utilised.
2. Review, evaluate and analyse cost estimate basis / assumptions and cost data submitted / provided by the Project Management Team to ensure reasonableness of cost estimate and confirm cost estimate accuracy.
3. Identify opportunities to standardise cost and expenditure processes and procedures within Major Projects group, recommending solutions for cost issues to ensure compliance to the existing processes and procedures and ensure objectives are achieved.
4. Review Gate deliverables pertaining to cost management including Estimate Basis Memorandum (EBM) and Estimate Confidence Package (ECP).
Ensure accuracy of the produced project estimate meeting the cost estimate classifications for each Gate (unclassified, Class V and III estimates).
Review FEED contractor produced estimate and conditioning as per Company’s practices.
5. Develop Funding Packages submittals as requested i.e., Advance Commitments (AC’s), Full Funding (FF) and Supplementary Funding wherever required, to ensure that all necessary funding is provided.
6. Develop and maintain a cost information database, benchmarking data to provide support for estimating requirements as required.
7. Review cost related procedures, recommending improvements to achieve Department goals based on lessons learned and ensure cost related initiatives, procedures and activities are understood and followed by all EP&S and PMTs personnel as applicable.
8. Participate in corporate governance activities such as Gate reviews, Independent Project Reviews (IPR), Cold Eye Review (CER), Constructability Reviews (CRR) and internal audits as Cost Subject Matter Expert.
9. Provide timely functional support on cost management (estimating, forecasting, reporting) and advice to PMTs and other groups as requested.
Support PMTs and other group as required by identifying and highlighting any emerging situations on potential gaps / deviations on cost management allowing timely mitigation actions to be taken to comply with the cost related procedures.
10. Coordinate and steward Major Projects’ Project Management of Change Procedure (PMOC) process ensuring compliance with QGPMS requirements and procedures.
Provide change order cost estimating support to PMT to allow objective assessment of change orders, accurate cost estimates with a defined scope and support ad-hoc cost estimates as required to preserve Company’s interests.