DohaPosition : HSE & Fit PromoterSection : HSSECompany : Nakilat - Keppel Offshore & Marine LtdLocation : Ras Laffan / QatarJob Summary and PurposeThis job requires a combination of both technical (operational) and practical safe operations expertise to act as a frontline safety promoter and is supported by HSE & FIT Inspectors & HSE Officers for both supervision support & safety subject matter expertise.
Responsible for ensuring the implementation and enforcement of HSSE rules and regulations in all work activities in the yard premises and in assigned projects.
Responsible for providing overall assistance in the implementation and enforcement of all FIT work activities, procedures, policies and other responsibilities on firefighting, life-saving, emergency response and pollution control, inspection, maintenance and provision of equipment and other facilities as needed and required.
Key Accountabilities : 1. Executes and carries out all required firefighting, emergency rescue and pollution control drills and other related emergency drills.
2. Executes real firefighting, real emergency rescue and real pollution control and other related real emergencies that may arise in N-KOM’s premises and on-board vessels.
3. Inspection and installation of all firefighting, life-saving, emergency rescue, pollution control tools and equipment and other facilities across N-KOM's premises and on-board vessels and ensures availability as and when needed.
4. Maintains record and the appropriate storage and quantity of all firefighting, life-saving, emergency rescue, pollution control tools and equipment and orders new equipment.
5. Assists the Project Team to install firefighting on board vessels.6. Conducts Monthly Fire Extinguishers Inspections.7.
Conducts regular gas monitoring of confined spaces and update status on the tank / confined space status chart.8. Responsible for gas-free, recording of data and ensure that the values are within the permissible limits of the yard else bring it to the notice of his immediate superior.
9. Responsible for sharing all HSSE observations, incidents, accident and / or hazard reports that he had spotted or witnessed or rectified to his immediate superior.
10. Conducts patrols in all hot work areas and confined spaces on board vessels and ensures that dedicated personnel have been deployed.
11. Conducts compliance checks / inspections to identify unsafe acts, conditions and equipment and reports identified findings12.
Monitors hazardous operations conducted between different trades or contractors and ensures that they are properly coordinated and carried out safely.
13. Installs all firefighting, life-saving, emergency rescue, pollution control tools and equipment in all facilities across N-KOM premises and on-board vessels to ensure availability as and when needed.
14. Ensures all personnel comply with the standard requirement of personal protective equipment and HSE requirement at all times.
Key result areas : Implementation of HSE requirements within all project, vessel, yard, general areas, workshops, open areas and all building in N-KOM and aboard client projects.
Qualifications, Experience and SkillsQualifications : Minimum of Secondary EducationAuthorized Gas TesterH2S BA TrainedRelevant training in advance firefighting, emergency rescue and pollution control operationNEBOSH IGC or its equivalent qualification is mandatory.
Experience : A degree holder in OHS or equivalent, a minimum 1 year of experience. A non-degree holder with safety qualification, with operations and safety experience, minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar safety position.
Alternatively, minimum experience per client specification if role is project specific.Have work experience as a firefighter and as rescuer of personnelMust have hands-on knowledge on working with a probe gas meter and portable gas meter.
Job Specific Competencies : i. GenericPeople & Teamwork (Interpersonal Skills)Good English Communication Skills (oral and written)Computer literacy (MS Word / Excel / Power Point)Knowledge of Shipyard OperationsAbility to work with minimum or no supervisionAbility to follow instructions (oral and written)ii.
FunctionalHealth, Safety, Security & Environment InductionNEBOSH IGCNEBOSH Health and Safety at Work (HSW)NEBOSH Environment at Work (EAW)Knowledge and understanding of SHEQS Policy, HIRA, HSE Procedures and Work InstructionsKnowledge and understanding of basic First-Aid and Life Saving techniquesKnowledge and understanding of basic Health and environmental regulations.
Knowledge and understanding of basic firefighting and rescue techniquesEnhanced Take 5Bump Testing & Calibration of Gas MeterAuthorized Gas Testing