Job Title : OPERATIONS ENGINEER
Reference Code : OG-7001773
Drilling and Completion
Primary purpose of job
de-scaling; logging; perforating; coil tubing; and production testing. The incumbent programs the work and thereafter ensures that the work is performed safely and efficiently in accordance with the program and the DRM Drilling Reference Manual.
well testing operations; production logging perforating and Through Tubing Bridge Plug (TTBP) operations and pulling and running of electrical submersible pumps in water wells.
Thereafter oversee the implementation of the work by contractors to ensure the objectives are achieved in a safe and efficient manner.
2. Ensure that all HSE risks are indentified and that measures are put in place to mitigate risks and prepare programmes accordingly.
In particular ensure that HSE requirements are never compromised and that operations are performed in compliance of the Drilling Reference Manual (DRM), the Drilling and Completions Department Life Saving Rules and Corporate HSE requirements.
3. Report all HSE incidents in a timely and accurate manner using the SAP system and lead the initial on-site investigation of all incidents and near misses to identify and document the sequence of events and the immediate causes.
4. Liaise with Well Integrity Divisions (UDN / 4 / 5) to ensure that any well integrity problems are properly investigated and assist Field Development Engineers (UNO) in the preparation of proposals for rigless activity to ensure that they are optimised in terms of operational considerations.
5. Prepare the well testing and sampling programs for oil or gas wells, including the gathering of required information to ensure that the programme is optimized and includes all objectives and HSE considerations.
Thereafter supervise the operational activities at the well location. 6. Direct the production, diagnostic and reservoir logging activities at oil, gas and water wells Responsibilities include gathering data, preparing program and overseeing work of contractor through to satisfactory completion of the program.
7. Review and check the draft invoices for work carried out by contractors. Responsibilities include checking that the draft invoice matches work carried out, accuracy of arithmetical calculations and that charges are in accordance with agreed terms and conditions.
8. Prepare the Non Productive Time (NPT) operations reports, final operations reports and statistics to ensure there is a complete record of the work performed and the lessons learned.
9. Perform engineering support work such as the evaluation of techniques to enable continuous performance improvement, the preparation of specifications and scope of work for new service contracts and the evaluation for tenders to ensure that the UDN / 2 Division achieves its operational, financial and HSE objectives.
10. Support the training and development of Qatari development staff to help achieve the department Qatarization objectives and targets.
Experience & Skills
A minimum of 10 years experience in rigless related activities of which at least 4 years in a similar position with an International Operating Company.
Engineering or Science BSc. degree from an accredited University. Petroleum Engineering preferred.