Description : POSITION SUMMARY :
POSITION SUMMARY :
Under immediate direction, provides management with top level insight into day-to-day operations. The Operations Specialist retrieves and collects data, compiles information, and produces reports specific to functional area and program management operations.
This includes Key Performance and Management Indicators and requires the ability to analyze large amounts of information.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES :
1. Collects and analyzes statistical data identifying trends and provides reports.
2. Monitors key performance and management indicators; tracks and analyzes trends; and produces reports with recommendations.
3. Coordinates with Branches and Sections for collection, interpretation, submission of data and information.
4. Assists in preparation of plans, self-assessments, proposals and Program briefings.
5. Monitors multiple databases for accuracy and completeness of information and recommends improvements.
6. Interacts with functional area managers and operations personnel regarding interpretation of data and providing program management feedback.
7. Develops reports for performance and management indicators.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
9. Help facilitate weekly operations meetings and related reporting requirements.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED :
Desktop / Laptop Computer, Printer / Copier / Fax, Cell Phone, Non-Tactical Commercial Vehicle
Microsoft Office suite
Computer Maintenance Management System (Maximo), Smart Sheet, and SharePoint.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
Working environment will be 80% office and 20% field. Individual should be able to lift up to 20 lbs. unassisted. Work environment will also be very hot due to conditions within the region.
Personnel may be required to stand for long periods. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Kuwait driver’s license to operate a non-
tactical commercial vehicle.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES :
Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs., stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.
Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education / Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High School Graduate or equivalent.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in operations.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience with document preparation; intra-office coordination; and administration.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in business systems with applied analytical skills.
Working knowledge of enterprise asset and work management processes.
Experience in application and end user support.
Capable of effectively communicating and writing technical information in English.
Proven ability to build relationships with all levels of the organization and to communicate effectively with managers, supervisors and staff.
Must have high level of proficiency in the use of MS Office, and other related applications to include database management.
Must be familiar with US Army Maintenance regulations and doctrine.
Working knowledge with Computer Maintenance Management System (Maximo) to include reports and data entry requirements a plus.
Ability to build reports and validate data. Query and report writing experience (BIRT, SQL, Reporting Services, Crystal, or similar) a plus.
Desire to remain current with developments in advancing technologies.