2018 NEW VACANCIES On behalf of Qatar's leading healthcare provider Global Medical Recruiting now recruiting international candidates for 3 year contract work in DOHA QATAR.
Various healthcare projects and facilities. Therefore, we have critical vacancies upcoming that we will need to be filled at the soonest.
The medical group is embarking on one of the most exciting and ambitious master facility plans ever seen in international healthcare, with an extensive range of new facilities opening soon or being planned for future years.
If you would like to be part of the team and feel your qualifications, skills and experience is a good match for this position we encourage you to contact us.
As an Academic Health System the Corporation would like to employ staff who contribute to the mission and vision of the Corporation.
Research is a key and integral component to this vision and the postholder must be able to contribute to an integrated strategic vision and planning for Clinical, Research and Education and training.
The post holder will be an independent researcher who has an established track record equivalent to the level of Associate Professor and is building his / her research career.
Successful candidates will be expected to establish and run an independent high quality funded research program and to contribute to medical and research education mission.
Proven experience and the ability to supervise and train others is essential. Successful candidates will have first authored papers published in high impact journals in their field, will have been PI or Co-
PI on peer reviewed research grants and will have commenced supervision of higher degree by research students. The ability to mentor, supervise and train others is a key criteria, as is the ability to establish and develop a research team which creates capacity and capability for the medical group.
Experience / knowledge in regulatory documentation, data interpretation, serious adverse events / adverse event requirements and project management skills are required for the candidate engaged in clinical research.
Experience / knowledge of good laboratory practice and biosafety is required for laboratory researchers.
The post holder will be required to adhere to research legislative and regulatory requirements including policies, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization Good Clinical Practice (ICH-
GCP), animal ethics guidelines ad biosafety requirements as relevant to his / her field of research.
The Research Scientist will establish and develop a strong research program which attracts peer reviewed funds. The program will support the medical groups research strategy and the Qatar National Health and Research Strategies.
The Research Scientist will maximise the use of infrastructure, expand knowledge and skills base and develop new researchers.
The Research Scientist who works in clinical research areas may be responsible for :
1. Implementation of clinical trials in the medical group including development and planning of protocols (safety, data consistency, trial timelines, budget, resources, eligibility and enrollment), within a cross functional team
2. Interfacing with clinical team members, clinical operations, scientific operations, regulatory affairs, data management, and finance regarding day to day activities of research.
3. Serving as Local trial lead for research within the AHS and main point of contact for day to day governance of research.
4. Contributing to the preparation and review of clinical research documents including clinical study protocol, clinical study reports (CSR) and submissions) and other study related documents assuring quality and consistency.
5. Presenting in written and oral format : group productivity, project status and key deliverables to senior management.
The Research Scientist who works in laboratory research will be responsible for :
1. Planning and delivering research projects and programs that support research strategy and the National Health and Research Strategies for Qatar
2. Ensuring that all research support infrastructure is in place to deliver approved research projects / programs, including securing peer reviewed research funding
3. Presentation of research findings at appropriate for a, including the medical group, AHS, QNRF and international scientific meetings
4. Providing research training and education for team members, higher degree students, and as a part of programs
5. Perform other duties as assign
Skills : Minimum Requirements
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION :
PhD or equivalent terminal degree in a clinical or basic scientific field from a recognised institution.
CERTIFICATION / LICENSURE :
For researchers working with human subjects : CITI and ILS certification.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE :
The applicant should have completed post-doctoral training and must be well recognized scientist with 5 years proven credentials (including 3 years in a post-
doc role) in cutting-edge research with a proven record of basic, clinical or translational research expertise.
The applicant should have a record of research productivity, including peer reviewed funding and publication.