1. Monitor the allocation of repair orders to ensure the right tasksare handed to the technicians with the suitable skills for thejob.
2. Facilitate the orientation of new team members in collaborationwith the Workshop Manager by familiarizing them with worksurroundings, explaining work hours, procedures, use of equipmentand job expectations and ensure that new team members understandtheir respective duties.
3. Maximize theshop productivity by ensuring continuous workflow and properapplication of the labor time guide as well as when and where toapply straight time.
4. Ensure thatstandard operating procedures are followed including health& safety standards for technicians and staff, proper use oftools and equipment and care of customers’property.
5. Act as theinterface between the technicians and the management.
6. Ensure thatcorrect brand warranty policies and procedures are administered bymonitoring warranty reject claims and controlling warrantyreplacement parts.
7. Maintaincommunication with Team Leaders and Technicians by clarifyingdiagnostic procedures and sharing and explaining new information inbulletins.
8. Monitor thequality of the services provided by the technicians to facilitate ahigh standard and raise the customer satisfaction index.
9. Assist whenthere is difficulty in interpreting a customer complaint and in thecorrect write-up of the complaint.
10. Evaluate technician skills and recommend future trainingrequirements.
11. Provide reportsrelated to departmental monthly targets and averageproductivity.