Job Title : SR. PETROLEUM ENGINEER
Reference Code : OG-7001960
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil corporation responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in the State of Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, production, processing, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come.
Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development.
Drilling and completion
Primary purpose of job
Provide expert Petroleum Engineering input to analyse well integrity problems and to recommend corrective measures to establish integrity of the wells in Dukhan field.
Conduct relevant petroleum-engineering studies related to well integrity and support the design review for the new wells.
Search and evaluate innovative technology to improve Well Integrity Engineering diagnostic and repair techniques. Principal Accountabilities 1.
Analyse well integrity problems and recommend remedial measures by managing the process for data investigation to ensure the integrity of Dukhan wells, the safety of personnel and the protection of the environment.
2. Develop strategy and prepare programs to carry out well integrity investigations on critical wells to ensure a rigorous and comprehensive assessment of well problems.
3. Oversee the implementation and quality control of critical activities by visiting the well locations to ensure that well integrity investigations are performed efficiently and that any unforeseen operational problems are managed correctly.
4. Evaluate drilling, work-over and completion proposals by giving particular attention to well integrity issues to ensure that the design of new and workover wells adequately address well integrity and abandonment requirements.
5. Investigate and evaluate innovative technology to improve well integrity diagnostics and remedial action and make recommendations for follow-up trials.
6. Manage the execution of innovative technology trials and based upon the results make recommendations for contracting the services to enhance well integrity operations and to reduce downtime and cost.
7. Assess and rank the integrity of Dukhan wells by evaluating wellbore cement quality, especially across reservoir and potential aquifer formations to ensure the complete isolation between the formations and the environment.
8. Manage the risk assessment process for high risk wells by coordinating and facilitating HAZOP workshops to ensure that well integrity risks are systematically identified and rigorously managed.
9. Establish the safe operating envelope (MAASP & MAWOP) for Dukhan wells by taking into account the evaluation of annuli pressures, laboratory analysis of annuli effluents, corrosion reports and cased hole log analysis, to ensure that wells are operated safely within approved criterion.
10. Develop and mentor Qatari engineers as well as the engineers having less experience to help achieve QP Corporate objectives for Qatarization.
Experience & Skills
The Sr petroleum engineer should have deep knowledge in all well integrity, well service (rig less & wire line), completion and workover operations.
He is responsible to carry out these operations in a safe and efficient manner to achieve their objectives. He should monitor wells integrity and manage or take appropriate actions as necessary.
He should prepare and execute program for well intervention including well integrity , rig less and wire line. Work closely with service providers to meet well intervention and well integrity objectives.
Work together with drilling planning and contracts section to establish contract with Service Contractors. Interacts with field development engineers to discuss on subsurface operation issues.
Interact with drilling engineer for design of well completion programmer’s. Mentor and develop Junior Qatari Engineers. Familiar with open well , SAP & WOMS software’s.
At least BSc. in petroleum engineering or related engineering discipline. At least 15 years' experience in well integrity ,wireline, rig less ,completion and well intervention operations.
Highly experience with H2S and CO2 operations. Knowledge of oil industry practices and specification such as API standards and recommended practices.