Student Affairs, Student Learning Support Center
College / Department Profile
Qatar University Profile :
Qatar University isthe premier national institution of higher education with a mission to producewell-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellencecoupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civicresponsibility.
This is underpinned by committed leadership and anexperienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Department Profile :
Student Affairs contributes to the educational mission of QatarUniversity by providing innovative opportunities, quality programs, andefficient services that enrich the students’ learning experience and theirpersonal development.
Qatar University wasfounded in 1973 and is a member of the Arab Universities Federation and theInternational Federation of Universities.
Qatar University offers Foundationprograms as well as Undergraduate and Graduate degree programs to over 8,000enrolled students.
Please visit the QU website ()to learn more about our degree programs, our research, university facilities,and campus life.
Duties & Responsibilities
develops writing skills resources.
Provides support to students of all levelsand disciplines on a variety of writing assignments and projects in the Englishlanguage, such as creative writing, lab reports, research papers, theses,resumes and job search correspondence, proposals, and freshman compositions.
Teaches / Explains grammar, sentence structure,essay formats, and other elements related to English writing that students maylack / may have difficulty with.
Develops and conducts writingworkshops / programs and in-class writing presentations on a variety of topics.
Creates new, and identifies / revisesexisting, paper and electronic writing resources for students.
Tracks individual students’ writing progressand regularly communicates with faculty on student writing needs and otherwriting-
related issues.Maintainsindividual student files.
Recruits, supervises, and trains newqualified peer tutors
Schedules, oversees, and evaluates peertutoring staff
Refers students to other campus supportservices such as the Academic Support Unit, the Student Counselling Center,Library, etc., when appropriate.
Participates in committees designated withspecific tasks such as event planning and updating the e-newsletter and socialmedia outlets.
Assist in the language section when required.
Participates in New Student Orientation andCollege orientation sessions
Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in English,TESOL, or related field. Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
Two or more years of recent experience inteaching and / or tutoring English is required.A high level of proficiency in written English as well as near-
native(English) fluency is required. Strong interpersonal skills are also necessary.
Bilingual ability in Arabic and Englishpreferred.
Ability to work flexible hours and respond tostudent needs and faculty inquiries in a professional and timely manner.Knowledge of undergraduate curriculum and multiethnic students in an academicsetting highly desired.
1.Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
3. Atleast three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
1.Current Curriculum Vitae.
3.Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4.Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well theirtelephones contact).
5.Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduatedfrom an institution where coursework was completed.
However, if no course workwas completed, a copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highestcredential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Anyadditional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. Competitive tax-free salary.
2. Housing allowance in accordance with HRMLaw.
3. Annual round trip air tickets forcandidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
4. Public health care and health insurance tocandidate and family members.
5. Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
6. End-of-contract indemnity.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance withQU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for facultymember and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate’schildren (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurancein accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HRpolicies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.