Job Scope :
To provide advice on legal aspects of the Company’s activities, primarily in respect of its contractual relationships with its customers, lenders and shareholders.
To provide legal training to junior members of the Legal Department and to other departments within the organization.
Specific Accountabilities :
1. Provide Legal advice to relevant internal departments on legal issues referred by General Counsel.
2. Draft, review and negotiate contracts on behalf of the organization’s ventures, and ensure that requisite corporate governance procedures are met with respect to contractual arrangements.
3. Review and draft internal policies and regulations.
4. Provide advice and guidance on corporate governance issues, and ensure that legal advice given is consistent with the relevant company's corporate governance regime.
5. Develop standard agreements and protocols for use by the wider Legal Department.
6. Carry out such other duties as requested by the General Counsel and / or Chief Executive Officer.