Mass Communication Department
College / Department Profile
Qatar University Profile :
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility.
This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
College Profile :
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) houses ten departments, covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English Literature & Linguistics and Arabic Languages, History, Sociology, Social Work, International Affairs, Mass Communication , Psychology , Policy, Planning & Development , Statistics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Public Health , Biomedical Sciences and Human Nutrition.
The College also houses four Master Programs which are in Environmental Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Gulf Studies, and Arabic Language.
In Fall 2013, CAS will launch a new master program in Material Sciences and a PhD in Biological and Environmental Sciences.
Additionally, the College offers a Program of Arabic for Non- Native Speakers.
It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CAS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas.
Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major source of research funding, with individual project funding limit exceeding 1 million / project (5 million exceptional projects) along with student research funding programs.
As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research- active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
Duties & Responsibilities1. Support faculty and train students in the use of TV / Radio Studio equipment and post-production software.
2. Provide technical and logistical support for TV / Radio Studio resources.3. Monitor technological developments in the broadcast production market and make recommendations to the department based on this expertise.
4. Assist in overseeing asset management in the broadcast journalism labs and associate studios. 5. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
1. B.A. in a relevant area of emphasis2. At least five years active work experience in TV / Radio production, preferably live broadcast production.
3.Fluency in both Arabic and English.4. Willingness to work within a team 5. Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds6.
Instruction experience is preferred.
Non Academic :
1. Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
2. Experience Certificates.
3. At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
Non Academic :
1. Competitive tax-free salary.
2. Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
3. Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
4. Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
5. Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
6. End-of-contract indemnity.