Job Description Piping Engineering Specialist
PartA : Job Specification
Provide expertise in performing piping engineering activities for North Field Production Sustainability, Offshore ensuring that all activities comply with contract documents, standardised processes, maximise reliability and maintainability of piping to ensure safe operations and delivery of project objectives.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Perform all Piping Engineering activities in accordance with regulatory requirements, project specifications and approved variations if any, to ensure project deliverables are met.
2. Develop, implement and amend specifications, procedures and controls covering all areas of Piping Engineering activities to ensure effective project delivery.
3. Evaluate complex tasks providing appropriate recommendations and analysis to management on piping issues. Provide expertise and support to other discipline engineers and contribute to multi-disciplinary tasks, as required, ensuring completion of activities within schedule.
4. Provide Piping Engineering inputs and technical support throughout Project Life Cycle ensuring timely solutions to problems and providing flawless project execution.
Elevate issues to project Management Team, when necessary.
5. Uphold all project philosophies and procedures ensuring these are applied to the specification, design and procurement of piping items.
6. Monitor the performance of contractors, providing guidance as necessary to ensure piping aspects of the scope and optimal costs are achieved while meeting project deliverables.
7. Review and validate all Piping Engineering documents (drawings / datasheets / philosophies / specifications etc.) produced by vendors, contractors and consultants to ensure alignment with project specifications and Company standards.
8. Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with project specification and contract documents, in particular EPC contractors scope of work.
9. Ensuring that Operations Policies, Standards of Business Conduct, Project Management System (QGPMS), are adhered to during detail design phase do the project.
10. Participate in various project reviews including Safety Workshops, Cold Eye Reviews and Value Improvement Workshops, as required.
PartB : Person Specification MinimumRequirements
Knowledge and / or Experience
Technical and Business Skills