Portal Application Section.
College / Department Profile
The main objectives of this section are todesign, develop, maintain and provide technical support, manage the softwarevendors’ consultants,
technical design, documentation, implementpatches, release upgrades, performance monitoring, problem analysis andresolution, application sizing, test and release packages of all web and portalapplications.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for development, implementation, maintenance and support of Web / Portal systems, including all applications ranging from small concerned departmental applications to comprehensive systems
2. Assist in the effective management, leadership, direction and motivation of personnel in the group
3. Develops and adheres to Software Solutions standards and procedures. Coordinates and participates in development of best practice business solutions to meet the customer software, integration and database needs
4. Provides strategic and tactical planning support for development of project plans. Participates and leads in projects to implement IT solutions for customers.
Develops and maintains technical project plans and manages multiple technical projects
5. Ensures that all software upgrades and patches, as provided from vendors, are reviewed and applied in a timely manner to maintain current versions and allow users to take advantage of added functionality
6. Provides technical guidance and direction in all areas of analysis and programming including specifications, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation
7. Responsible for Human Resources functions such as recommending candidates for employment / termination, conducting performance evaluations and salary reviews for assigned staff.
Also makes decisions on other personnel actions and is responsible for the application of organizational policies
8. Establishes effective customer communication process to ensure customers are kept up-to-date on work resolutions.
9. Evaluates and recommends specific improvements in methods or procedures in assigned area of responsibility. Provides status reports of activities within assigned areas
10. Maintains the security and confidentiality of any proprietary or sensitive information or data in any medium.
11. Accessing or disclosing such information or data must be deemed necessary for the performance of one’s job responsibilities and must be authorized by the employee’s supervisor.
12. Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
Education and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in Computer Science or related field
Minimum of 10 years of systems development experience including minimum 3 years of systems management, project management, or technical team leadership experience required.
Strong Knowledge in Portal systems
Minimum 5years of experience in web programming development / design environment.
Minimum 5 years of SharePoint 2013 or greater
Programmingand scripting languages
Mobile Application Development
Databases understanding ofOracle databases, SQL Server and MySql.
Familiar working with Content Management Systems ( WordPress, Joomla, Drupal . Etc.)
Familiarity with Higher Education administrative business processes strongly
Non Academic :
1. Competitive tax-free salary.
2. Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
3. Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
4. Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
5. Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
6. End-of-contract indemnity.
Non Academic :
1. Curriculum Vitae with cover letter
2. Degree certificate and transcript
3. Experience Certificates
4. At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.