Key Accountabilities :
1. Responsible for ensuring setting & implementing high standards of HSSEQ at the shipyard, aligned to shareholder values & principles.
2. Manages the HSEEQ deliverables while managing complex interactions with executive level stakeholder across multiple joint venture and owner groups, and at the same time expected to interact with key external stakeholders as an when required.
3. Responsible for supporting operations to maintain high standard of safety performance at the shipyard to create an Incident and Injury free workplace.
4. Responsible for the overall development, implementation, communication and consultation of all HSSEQ Programmes and carries out the responsibilities for HSSEQ in accordance to N-KOM Integrated Management System.
5. At the request of the CEO and / or Board, provides HSSEQ information and presentation of analysis, findings and recommendations.
6. Lead the enforcement and monitors the implementation of all health, safety, security, environment & Quality procedures and instructions in the yard.
7. Plan and implements health, safety and environment programmes and promotional activities (e.g. training, inspections, campaigns and competitions) that will improve health, safety and environmental culture and awareness.
8. Provide professional oversight to Integrated Management System to enable content that is fit for operational purpose and the intent of reducing risk to as low as reasonably practical.
9. Advises and recommends appropriate health, safety and environmental training and interventions for all levels of staff in the Company to enhance the awareness, understanding and safety performance of HSSE culture and personal accountability.
10. Conducts HSSEQ Department Reviews at least once every quarter to review the achievements of the Health, Safety, Security, Environmental & Quality Objectives and takes corrective and preventive actions for continual improvements.
11. Established and maintains compliant communication protocol for HSSEQ related events, to ensure stakeholders are made aware of business information arcuately, timely and in the correct hierarchical order.
12. Acts as the focal point for communication with external stakeholders, inclusive of the implementation of recommendations and best practice from safety committees or relevant authorities.
13. Cultivates a workplace culture that promotes and lives the value of making it safe to speak up enables and environment for executing safe work deliverables,
14. Provides oversight and input to understanding, controlling and mitigating key HSSEQ risks at an operational level, and enterprise level for support of Corporate Social Responsibility in the organization.
15. Recognizing that Quality has two core functions of Quality Control (Product defect detection during the value chain of the manufacturing process) & Quality Assurance / Systems (Product defect prevention through design of systems, process and policy).
The Chief HSSEQ Officer manages the Quality Assurance / Systems related component, and Quality Control remains in Operations.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Safety Management, Engineering or any related field or its equivalent.
Qualification and / or Certification on Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS)
Knowledge of ISO 14001 : 2004
Knowledge of OSHAS 18001
Knowledge of Marine Metal Scaffolding
Knowledge of Risk Assessment and Risk Management
Knowledge and understanding of Incident and Accident Investigation Procedure
Knowledge and understanding of basic firefighting and rescue techniques