Job Title : Offshore Survey Lead
Location : Offshore Doha, Qatar
Rotaion : 28x28
Part A : Job Specification
Reporting and Relationships
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
Generic Accountabilities - All Employees
Safety Health & Environment
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Works independently within established survey procedures, plans and budgets and contributes to the development of these deliverables.
2. Monitors Contractor s survey performance and ensure specifications / approved procedures are followed.
3. Works on large capital expenditure projects in a highly dynamic team environment that has tight-deadlines, high pressure, and visibility, requiring accuracy, initiative, and the ability to multi-task as essential skills.
4. Assists Project Team with planning, procedure review and technical support of survey execution matters. Ensures that any issues evaluated during HAZID / HIRA processes, or that are raised during safety meetings, are closed prior to the start of work.
Takes initiatives, based on experienced gained, to deliver timely and cost-effective service.
5. Establishes credibility with peers, subordinates, and supervisors. Exhibits team leadership skills, integrity, self-confidence, fairness.
Sets situations / issues in the context of the entire team and has an appreciation of the wider relationships with other people and organizations.
6. Acts as Company Survey Specialist as directed by QG Management onboard Jack-Up Barges, construction barges / vessels (heavy lift, pipelay, workboats) to support movement and mooring of these marine vessels during field execution.
Performs survey inspection prior to mobilization.
7. Acts as Company Site & HSE Rep onboard Contractor s survey vessel during field execution, ensuring that work procedures and management of change are followed, and compliance with local & international regulations.
Monitors competence issues with team performing work at site, the safety & efficiency of operations, etc
8. Sign-off mobilisation and testing result documentation presented by contractor as per requirements within the SOW documentation and Acceptance Checklist to be provided by the Client ahead of vessel mobilisation
9. Verify operational status of any survey equipment, contractor vessel and survey personnel on a day to day basis utilised during EPC survey activities.
Inclusive the field works performed.
10. Attends vessel safety meetings and toolbox talks to ensure there is a clear understanding of the survey activities that are to be performed.
Relays all relevant Safety Alerts with the Contractor and the Vessel Management Team.
11. Responsible for supporting emergency responses, notifications, and incident reporting. Participates in Contractor investigations of all incidents and root cause analyses.
12. Conducts survey equipment audits ensuring all relevant certification and audits are up to date and that any close-out actions from audits have been carried out.
Reviews Contractors personnel certifications and qualifications.
13. To supervise the technical execution of the surveys, including, but not limited to : Quayside and offshore testing done during mobilisation, Calibration of instruments, Technical set-up during survey, Maintenance of equipment testing requirements, Positioning of vessel(s) and equipment, Data quality, On-board data processing and deliverables, Completion of SOW by the Contractor in terms of data coverage and quality
14. Stewards in the Management of Change process and is the Company Point of Contact on the worksite for all survey related site queries.
15. Participates in daily walk-through observations of operational areas onboard the marine vessels, to check on progress, safety, and housekeeping.
16. Supervises the Contractor's closeout reporting. Develops ¥lessons learned relating to survey matters upon Project completion.
Knowledge and / or Experience
Technical and Business Skills