1. Manage an individual case load of patients effectively and efficiently undertaking predominantly complex cases in area of specialty
2. Independently assess, analyze and synthesize complex evaluation data and provide a clinical diagnosis for individual patients to determine their need for physiotherapy intervention within specialty area.
3. Independently formulate a treatment plan in collaboration with patient / family, delivering individual physiotherapy treatment according to evidence based practice / clinical guidelines
4. Reassess clinical outcomes, to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patient towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and treatment
5. Carries out a comprehensive discharge plan, and collaborates with the other multidisciplinary team members and family when the measurable short and long term goals have been achieved.
6. Provide patient and family education in a timely manner as part of the physiotherapy process.
7. Work as part of a team to ensure effective communication and delivery of care including participation in medical / surgical rounds, clinics, conferences.
8. Maintain patient documentation, records and accurate statistical information to reflect care provided and meet professional standards.
9. Communicate and make recommendations to all relevant disciplines of staff to maximize patient care and promote multidisciplinary team working.
10. Assist in developing clinical guidelines to optimize patient care in the area of specialty.
11. Work independently to provide physiotherapy weekend / holiday and on-call care.
12. Participate in implementation of HMC and Departmental Policies and Procedures of safety, infection control and quality improvement.
13. Perform additional duties as assigned.