Responsible for working independently to provide technical input into the de-risking, development and execution of EOR methods to increase field production and potential.
Inputs will include leading internal technical studies and developing / following external support projects.
1. Propose and design data acquisition programs to support EOR maturation.
2. Provide technical input into and lead EOR projects through the maturation process.
3. Accountable for mentoring junior team members on EOR modelling techniques and strategies.
4. Provide expert modelling assistance for the building and maintaining of simulation models to support EOR projects.
5. Developing reservoir modelling strategies and workflows that are fit for purpose and can deliver technical results in time to support the business process.
6. Develop and follow-up external studies put in place to support the EOR programme (PVT, SCAL etc.).
7. Producing high quality presentation material for the purpose of engaging internally and externally with stakeholders
1. Autonomy in the field of dynamical simulation with specific emphasis on EOR modelling using Eclipse and IX.
2. Coordinate speciality studies necessary for the development of EOR reservoir simulation models.
3. Strong participation in Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) pilot and their implementation in Field Development, including monitoring aspects.
4. The candidate should be experienced in a broad range of EOR techniques and the associated maturation workflows. Specific knowledge in low API / permeability EOR applications is preferable.
5. Developing EOR deployment strategies (pilot, small commercial pilots and large-scale deployment) with an emphasis on ensuring all proposals are supported by a positive business case
6. The individual must be able to work independently and have sufficient experience to propose, mature and drive work programmes that are specifically tailored towards eventual field trial / deployment within a realistic timeframe.
7. Following and guiding third party contractors brought onboard to support EOR evaluation / de-risking
8. Assist with maintaining the EOR roadmap and progressing assigned projects through the various defined decision gates.
9. Provide EOR input into the annual reserves process, LRBP and RoFo exercise
10. Act as an EOR simulation point of excellence and provide support to NOC of modelling strategies
11. Participation in maturing EOR technology field trials
12. Participation in maturing of EOR monitoring plans
13. Provide validated relevant data (production profiles) to be used for economic evaluation of each project / well / study.
14. Propose and support reservoir data acquisitions programs (fluids, conventional and SCAL, well testing, logs, cores, etc) to support EOR maturation.
15. Represent NOC in presentation and validation of technical work by internal and external stakeholders.
16. Responsible for the independent generation of high-quality presentation and documentation material for internal and external use.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
Doha (Qatar) office with visits to offshore platforms as deemed needed
Standard office hours, 5 days a week.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED