Part A : Job Specification
Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability, exercises substantial responsibility and plans own work to meet assigned objectives and KPIs.
Reporting and Relationships
2) Preparation for new or changed services,operation of the change process.
3) Maintenance of regulatory, legal, security and professional standards.
4) The application of infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
5) Timely resolution of any issues and ensuring operational and project KPIs are met.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Ensures the full range of defined tasks associated with operating and controlling the installed (virtual) hardware and software are followed.
This may involve the use of multiple hardware and software platforms, and both local and wide area networks.
2. Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures. Provides instruction to less experienced colleagues in all aspects of current and correct operational practice
3. Configures tools to automate the provisioning, testing and deployment of new and changed infrastructure
4. Contributes to the planning and implementation of installation and maintenance work associated with the installation as a whole, including building and configuring infrastructure components in virtualised environments.
Implements agreed infrastructure changes and maintenance routines, utilising the appropriate tools and test equipment. Ensures that procedures are followed, including those relating to safety and security.
5. Assists in producing outline system designs and specifications covering objectives, scope, features, facilities, management, reliability, resilience, security, constraints (such as performance, resources and cost), hardware, network and software environments, main system functions and information flows, traffic volumes, data load and implementation strategies, phasing of development, requirements not met, and alternatives considered. (
6. Conducts security control reviews in well defined areas. Assesses security of information and infrastructure components.
Investigates and assesses risks of network attacks and recommends remedial action.
7. Investigates suspected attacks and undertakes the investigation and resolution of security incidents, in accordance with established procedures including incident management procedures.
Uses forensics where appropriate. Reports on findings and lessons learnt / improvement actions.
8. Provides advice and handles enquiries relating to security, contingency planning and related activities. Acts as Subject Matter Expert for network security administration activities.
9. Reviews releases, upgrades, security patches and fixes available from system software suppliers and identifies those which merit action.
Maintains awareness of existing and emerging software and hardware solutions and develops upgrade plans.
10. Defines, documents and safely executes small-scale projects, or sub-projects, actively participating in all phases of the project.
Identifies, assesses and manages risks and issues which might impact on the success of the project.
11. Contributes to the development of solution architectures in specific functional areas.
Part B : Person Specification- Minimum Requirements
6 years of IT experience (ideally within Oil & Gas industry)
Competent knowledge in core skill applications, tools, and techniques
Conversant with relevant IT national and international standards
Demonstrated experience in project management
Demonstrated experience in IT support environment.
Knowledge and / or Experience
Excellent written and spoken English
Strong project management skills.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
Specialized technical expertise and broader IT knowledge
Compliance to risk, security and continuity management principles
Technical and Business Skills
The Company :
Our Client is the largest LNG producing company in the world, with an annual LNG production capacity of 42 million tonnes per annum (MTA), safely and reliably delivering LNG to customers around the globe from world-class facilities in Qatar.