Job Title : SR. INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST (SOC)
Reference Code : OG-7000931
Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.
The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures arethe exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products, synthetic fuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.
QPs strategy of conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development isthrough Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA) andDevelopment and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded withmajor international oil and gas companies.
The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha, Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.
Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service.
At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed to one thing aboveall : Excellence.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary purpose of job
Sr. Information Security Analyst (SOC) will manage the Security Operations Centre (24x7) team and schedule. He / she will perform responsibilities as technical lead and incident responder for QP Security Operations Centre (SOC), leading technical investigations for security incidents, overseeing process improvements, and driving implementation of new capabilities.
He / she will serve as a technical escalation resource for other SOC Analysts and provide mentoring for skill development.
Partner with Information Security (SOC) Lead to implement and improve technology and process to enhance SOC monitoring, detection, investigation, and response.
Furthermore, oversee the execution of vulnerability management processes and penetration testing activities (internally and externally)
Experience & Skills
1. ( 10 ) years of technical experience in Information Security, System Administration, or Network Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in Information Security.
2. Preferably experience with large ICS & ICT environments in the Energy sector.3. Malware analysis, Vulnerability assessment & Penetration testing, Forensic & memory analysis, and Data analytics.
4. Excellent written and verbal business communication skills.5. Possession of Industry Certifications (Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Expert Penetration Tester (CEPT), OSCE / CHFI / SANS Cyber Threat Hunting / SANS GREM or equivalent SIEM / security technologies technical certification (Advanced Level).
6. Advanced knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP / IP, network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc).7. Advanced knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-
crime, etc).8. Advanced knowledge of penetration techniques and forensic techniques.9. Moderate knowledge and experience with Cloud technologies (Amazon, Azure, Google Cloud).
10. Moderate protocol analysis experience (Wireshark, Gigastor, Netwitness, etc.).11. Good knowledge of IT including multiple operating systems and system administration skills (Windows, Solaris, Unix).
12. Basic knowledge of client-server applications, multi-tier web applications, relational databases, firewalls, VPNs, and enterprise Anti-
Virus products.13. Strong understanding of security incident management, malware management and vulnerability management processes.
14. Experience with web content filtering technology - policy engineering and troubleshooting
Bachelor degree in information security, computer science, or systems engineering