The InterContinental® brand looks for charming, confident, sophisticated and internationally-minded people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
The InterContinental Doha is the authentic urban resort and business hotel in Doha, Qatar. We have 375 guestrooms and 12 high quality restaurants and bars serving International cuisine, the longest private 500 meter Arabian Gulf Beach in Doha, an impressive grand ballroom that accommodates up to 800 guests, five flexible function rooms that can host business meetings and social gatherings, outstanding high-
tech recreational facilities.
Your day to day
1. Responsible of the bookings to the restaurants 2. Responsible to welcome the guests up to the standards 3. Responsible to maximize the revenue with the management bookings and guests location 4.
Responsible to call the guests for confirmation and following their special requirements 5. Responsible to prepare the set menu fax and to send to the guests 6.
Responsible to print the menus (set menus) 7. Refills salt, peppershakers, sugar box and creamer, cleanness of equipment and menus 8.
May perform other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisors from time to time 9. Must be able to handle 1 station, including opening and closing duties 10.
Posts orders in Micros 11. Respects hygiene and safety rules 12. Uses operating equipment correctly and handles it without damaging 13.
Advices and recommends food & beverage choices to guests 14. Attends the necessary training sessions as per training schedule from department or HR.
15. Sets mise-en-place as per function sheets for functions 16. Performs other duties as managers may require 17. Check the mise-
en-place inside the kitchen and in the dining room. 18. Co-operate with the company to achieve compliance with FLS legislation 19.
Take moral and legal responsibility for conducting themselves in their work so they do not expose themselves or others to risk 20.
Read, understand, and implement the relevant sections of the FLS Policy 21. Not undertake any activity which compromises their personal FLS, or the FLS of others 22.
Report all accidents, dangerous occurrences, or hazards, no matter how minor, to the supervisor or Heads of Department. SELF-
MANAGEMENT : 1. Comply with hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook. 2. Comply with company grooming standards at all times to portray a professional image of self and the hotel.
3. Comply with time and attendance policies set by the hotel. 4. Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self-
development. 5. Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to health, hygiene and fire life safety.
6. Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures. 7. Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the line manager.
8. Comply with the company’s corporate code of conduct. 9. Familiarize self with the company values (Great Hotels Guests Love) and model desired behaviors (Winning Ways, Room to be Yourself) and ways of working (IHG Wheel).
10. Perform all tasks as directed by the manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
What we need from you
Ideally, you will have at least a minimum of 2 years experience as a Hostess with 4 / 5 Star leading hotel chain. Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality, computer literate, very good English communication skills (both oral and writing).
What we offer
not forgetting a competitive salary and benefits package with hotel discount worldwide!