JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title : Laundry TechnicianReports To : Laundry Mech. Supervisor / Asst. Chief EngineerArea of Responsibility : Operations, Repair & MaintenancePRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION : Laundry Technician is primarily responsible for the Operation, Repairs and Preventative Maintenance of all Commercial laundry Equipment such as Steam Boilers, Washer Extractors, Dry Cleaning Machines, Drying Tumblers, Flat Work Ironers & Automatic Folding Machines, Coat Reformers, Pants Top Finisher, Air Form Finisher, Steam Operated Pressing Machines, Spotting Board, Puff Iron, Marking Machines, Power Vacuum, Air Compressors, Water Chillers, and Pumps etc.
Reports to the Laundry Mech. Supervisor or the Asst. Chief Engineer.TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : 1. Performs all the duties as a laundry technician.
2. Perform operation, repairs and maintenance of all the Laundry equipment in the hotel facilities which includes mechanical, electrical, control circuits and programming.
3. Respond and attend to Laundry Mech. Supervisor, Laundry Manager, Asst. Manager and Laundry Supervisor’s repair requests.
4. Communicate with Laundry Mech. Supervisor or the Asst. Chief Engineer for any maintenance issues.5. Makes periodic rounds to all the area to support equipment and maintains operating log of conditions observed.
6. Responsible for maintaining records of work done, time records and PM records.7. Update the work order, log book and inform the Laundry Mech.
Supervisor or the Asst. Chief Engineer on the status of work done.8. Reads blue prints, control circuits, manufacturer’s operating manuals and or applies knowledge of equipment to devise appropriate repairs.
9. Visually inspect equipment’s and tools.10. Knowledgeable in methods to do advance troubleshooting of laundry equipment, controls, systems and programming.
11. Knowledgeable welding and braising, AC duct & pipes repairs and insulation.12. Coordinates with service representative and others as necessary to accomplish installations or repairs.
13. Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and all utility shut-offs for buildings.14. Use the Lockout / Tag-out system before performing any maintenance work.
15. Perform preventive maintenance for all laundry Equipment.16. Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
17. Responsible for implementation of energy conservation techniques on laundry Equipment.18. Communicate each day's activities and problems that occur to the other shifts using approved hotels communication programs and standards.
19. Perform any other job assigned by the management or supervisor as and when required.20. Perform general housekeeping and engineering related inventory duties.
21. Practices YES I CAN’ attitude.22. Adheres to RHG Responsible Business Ethics.LAWS, REGULATIONS AND POLICIES : 1. Follows all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
HEALTH AND SAFETY : 1. Maintains high confidentiality.2. Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported immediately.
3. Fully understands and implements where necessary the Hotel’s fire, bomb and emergency procedures.4. Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
5. Supports a Hotel’s Safety by applying Hotel regulations and adhering to existing laws and regulations.6. Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
MISCELLANEOUS : 1. Ensures that self is familiar with the in-house facilities to assist guests and promote sales.2. Informs and updates the Chief Engineer on problems and unusual matters.
3. Attends meetings and trainings as required by the Chief Engineer.4. Assists colleagues when needed.5. Ensures guest satisfaction by performing duties such as attending to their requests and enquiries courteously and promptly.
6. Accepts flexible working schedule when necessary for the Hotel’s uninterrupted service.7. Stays abreast of current and new industry technology relating to his position.
8. Performs required duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner to achieve the overall objective of the position.
9. Is always updated on : a) Hotel facilities and special promotions.b) Marketing promotion.c) Laws relating to own field of responsibility.
MAN SPECIFICATIONJob Title : Laundry TechnicianReports To : Laundry Mech. Supervisor / Asst. Chief EngineerArea of Responsibility : Operations, Repair & MaintenanceTALENT ATTITUDE : Positive Spirit and Appealing, Meets YES I CAN! Attitude.
Highly motivated and a team player.EDUCATIONAL & TECHNICIAL QUALIFICATIONS : High School Diploma or ITI holder from an accredited technical college or institution.
Basic Computer skills and MS Office Suite.TRADE EXPERIENCE : Should have minimum of 5 Years’ experience as a Laundry Technician.
Experience in trouble shooting, repair, programming and preventive maintenance in the field of Commercial Laundry Equipment such as Steam Boilers, Washer Extractors, Dry Cleaning Machines, Drying Tumblers, Flat Work Ironers & Automatic Folding Machines, Coat Reformers, Pants Top Finisher, Air Form Finisher, Steam Operated Pressing Machines, Spotting Board, Puff Iron, Marking Machines, Power Vacuum, Air Compressors, Water Chillers & PumpsPrevious Hotel or Hospitality experience is preferred.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES : Ability to read and understand drawings, control circuits, operation & service manuals, test equipment and measuring devices.
Understand and operates Fire Alarm, Firefighting Systems and LPG Systems.Experience in working with PMS Property Management Systems is an added advantage.
Understand and operates HVAC systems and interfaces with Fire Alarm Panels.Flexible work schedule, able to work morning, afternoon and night shift.
Can speak, write and understand English well.AGE LIMIT : 28 to 35 Years Old INDHOTEL