Computer Science and Engineering Department
College / Department Profile
Qatar University Profile
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility.
This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
College of Engineering Profile
Established in 1980, the College of Engineering offers degree programs in the fields of Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Systems, Computer Science and Computer Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding scientific and technical competencies to enable them to participate and contribute in the various aspects of the country.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering Profile
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has a long tradition of commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and student services.
The Department offers B.Sc. degree in computer science and in computer engineering. It also offers MSc degree in computing and Ph.
D. degrees in computer science and computer engineering. Our graduates are very well placed at the national level and are highly recognized within the Computer Science and Engineering professional community.
We have an exceptionally qualified faculty staff that is committed to maintaining this tradition.
Why would I go to Qatar?
Qatar, located on the east coast of the Arabian peninsula, has a per-capita GDP among the highest in the world. The country’s location makes it in close travel distance to many regions of the world.
Qatar’s capital, Doha, is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, and has been consistently ranked as one of the safest cities in the world.
The city is known for its friendliness and open venues for families. Doha, home to several universities, a robust research funding institute (Qatar National Research Fund), a media hub for the likes of Al-Jazeera, and the Qatar Computing Research Institute, is rapidly emerging as one of the premiere venues for computing research, and it was selected as the host city for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Qatar University has been recently ranked as one of the top Universities in teaching and research by Times Higher Education (THE), Shanghai Rankings, and Arab / GCC rankings.
Duties & Responsibilities Position Summary
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is seeking high caliber candidates for a lecturer position in the Computer Engineering discipline.
The applicant should possess Ph.D. or a Master degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a reputable University and should demonstrate a strong record in teaching and services.
We are looking for highly motivated individual to join the department and work with a dynamic team. Applications in all areas of Computer Engineering and Science will be considered for evaluation.
The position is available beginning January 2021 or August 2021.
The selected candidates is expected to :
1. Bring innovation and use of novel digital tools to education for the students.
2. Be an outstanding teacher.
3. Be effective in providing service to the Department.
5. Serve in different committees at the department and the college.
6. Communicate effectively in English.
The applicant should apply online through the i-recruitmentsystembycreating a personal account and provide the following :
1. Detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae
2. Cover letter explaining the motivation to join the CSE department
3. Statement of teaching
4. Three recent recommendation letters from currentorpreviousemployers (including full contact information,completeaddresses withemails and telephones numbers) sent directly fromthereferences to theHead of Department, Dr. Abdula Al-Ali, cs qu.edu.qa
5. Detailed list of courses taught in previousuniversities(withstudent evaluation, if possible).
6. Copies of highest earned credentials (M.S. ORPh.D.degree,transcripts, HDR, etc.).
7. Any additional document that can support the application.
The three-year renewable contract follows Qatar University HRpoliciesandincludes the following :
1. A highly competitive salary
2. Fully furnished accommodation
3. Tickets for the faculty member and his / her dependents whenjoiningandat the end of contract.
4. Educational allowance for up to three children
5. Private health care and health insurance
6. Annual leave
7. End-of-contract indemnity.