The Role : Job Purpose
Reporting and Relationships
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
1. Review and monitor project electrical Field Design Changes, Concession Requests, Non-Conformance Reports and contractor design change or deviations from company directives ensuring compliance with management of change procedures.
2. Monitor Contractor's performance and provide advice as necessary to make certain Company's design philosophy and specifications are achieved by establishing clear communication with the contractor and monitoring contractor and vendor quality control effort.
3. Champion initiatives with the Contractor to deliver on the project objectives i.e. safety, quality, cost and schedule and review and monitor contractor's electrical engineering construction effort making recommendations to Engineering Manager and Project Engineers as necessary.
4. Provide guidance and timely review on contractor's electrical Topside engineering designs and processes verifying fitness for purpose and compliance with contract requirements including codes and standards and ensure PMT or other technical support is available to address any gaps.
5. Support respective Offshore Package Managers in delivery of the Engineering and Process design of electrical systems and coordinate the field installation of the NFE Offshore Topsides electrical systems, providing start-up and commissioning support as required.
6. Promote inter- departmental communications and encourage teamwork through managing the electrical engineering interface between Topside & Pipeline Engineering and Operations, Drilling, Well Management, Jackets, Pipeline teams.
7. Provide technical support and advice to project procurement and construction activities and support NFE Offshore Engineering Manager in monitoring the contractor progress on delivery of the required documents in the electrical engineering discipline.
8. Assist PMT in meeting QGPMS expectations as required by the Facility Design & Construction.
9. Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts in respective disciplines involved in delivery of the processes related to electrical engineering.
Part B : Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
Knowledge and / or Experience
Experience in major capital projects, with knowledge of worldwide contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, in particular those involved in the construction of major onshore facilities, and operating in a multi-cultural environment is preferable.
Technical and Business Skills
The Company :
Our Client is the largest LNG producing company in the world, with an annual LNG production capacity of 42 million tonnes per annum (MTA), safely and reliably delivering LNG to customers around the globe from world-class facilities in Qatar.