Job Title : WIRELINE SUPERVISOR
Reference Code : OG-7002951
Drilling and completions
Primary purpose of job
Supervise the execution of offshore well services (rig-less) operations to ensure they are performed in accordance with QP requirements in a safe, cost effective and timely manner.
1. Supervise the execution of the offshore intervention operations performed by the well services contractors from either a Well Services Vessels, Diving Vessel or Drilling Rig.
Meticulous attention to details is required to ensure the achievement of program objectives in a safe and efficient manner (especially when working on HP / HT gas wells).
Activities include : slickline, e-line logging and perforating, well integrity investigations, cement top-up, acidizing / stimulation, inhibition treatment, well killing, mobile well testing and subsea data collection.
2. Conduct operations safely by implementing the QP Corporate HSE Procedures as well as the standards and safety rules specified in the Drilling Reference Manual (DRM), and communicate these requirements to contractor’s personnel to ensure their compliance.
3. Analyse operational risks and confirm that mitigation measures are in place, including the provision of adequate resources and HSE controls such as : PTW, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), and Pre-job safety meetings (as per the Drilling Department prompt card) to ensure safe operations.
participating in the HSE Observation programme and by encouraging participation by all Service Company personnel in the Observation programme.
5. Develop the intervention programme for assigned wells, and thereafter review the Well Intervention program in detail with the contractor’s to ensure that the requirements and procedures are met and special precautions are taken into consideration with all involved parties.
6. Review the quarterly schedule with the Senior rig-less (well services) Supervisor and provide technical input to optimize the plan for effective and efficient implementation.
Resolve operational problems such as : stuck tools down hole, wells with parted tubing and annular pressures, inability to access the tubing to isolate the reservoir, loss of well integrity, scheduling conflicts and resource issues.
Risks will be identified and thoroughly analysed and mitigated in order to conduct operations safely and efficiently to avoid of production.
7. Generate and maintain accurate reports such as the daily Well Services activity report; contractor performance reviews, and technical reports on specific well problems, which will include the underlying deficiencies and the remedial actions to avoid reoccurrence.
Provide input to the technical section of Wireline & Well services Vessels including other Well Services tenders documents and contribute to the technical evaluation to ensure the awarded contracts are fit for purpose and satisfy QP technical standards.
Participate in the development and training of Qatari development staff to help ensure the achievement of Qatarization objectives.
Experience & Skills