Job Summary and PurposeAs a Subject Matter Expert (SME), the Production Engineer provides the technical problem-solving ability for production engineering process and planning.
The Production Engineer leads work teams and controls production process for initial blast and painting process, to a high quality & auditable standard that is consistent with contract work scope, statutory & code requirements, Integrated Management System (IMS) procedures, design parameters, site survey inputs, specifications, stress inputs and vendor data.
AccountabilitiesKey Accountabilities : 1. Ensure implementation of approved departmental policies, processes, procedures and provide instructions to subordinates and monitor their adherence.
2. Lead and control work force engaged in all activities concerned with the Shipwright aspects of the project to ensure the work is completed within the allocated manhour / resources.
3. Attend VSCC, onboard production meeting, section review meetings and highlight issues on SHEQ’s and production if any.
4. Co-ordinate work progress with project managers, superintendent, other trades and with his own department.5. Liaise with Invoicers / Estimators to ensure that commercial targets are met.
6. Organise and supervise the activities and work of a small team of subordinates to ensure that all work within a specific area of departmental activity is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner.
7. Prepare departmental reports on time & accurately to meet company & department requirements, policies & standards.8. Manage subcontractor jobs by coordinating with subcontractor supervisors and foreman for lumpsum jobs and labor supply contractors.
9. Liaise with external representatives such as owner representatives, class surveyor in all the matters related to product requirements, work specifications, drawings and ensure completion of the task.
10. Initiate site instructions, technical queries, work completion certifications for all the onboard jobs.11. Coordinate plans, drawings, answering of enabling notes, nonconformance reports.
12. Carryout checking of the sub-contractors timesheets, invoices of lumpsum jobs and approving their invoices.13. Check the status of material and coordinate for raising the purchase requests.
14. Comply with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
15. Perform other related duties or assignments as directed on order to contribute to the continuous operations of the department.
Accountabilities - 2Accountabilities - 3Accountabilities - 4CompetenciesDrive VisionCollaboration & TeamworkCustomer CentricityAchievement OrientedInteractive CommunicationEmpower & Nurture TalentSolution OrientedKey Result AreasInteractions and Working RelationsInternal : 1.
Shipwright Section2. All Sections in NKOMPurpose : A. Optimum resource allocation.B. Issues are identified and resolved at an early stage.
External : 1. Clients & Class surveyor2. Sub Contractors3. Service EngineersPurpose : A. Clarification / feed back on work progressB.
Coordination with Sub contractor / service EngineersFinancial AuthoritiesAs per TOFA.Qualifications, Experience and Job SkillsQualifications : A Diploma or a Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or its equivalent.
Level 1 National Association of Corrosion Engineers (N.A.C.E) - DesirableExperience : Experience in ship repairing and ship construction yard.
At least 5 years of experience as Supervisor or in similar position in Marine or New building Yard.Knowledge of all types of surface preparation and coating systemsJob Specific CompetenciesTechnical Competencies8) Knowledge and Experience in ship repair and new building yard.
9) Knowledge of Blasting standards and all types of surface preparation10) Knowledge of Painting specification & classification of paints.
11) Knowledge in all types of paint application methods12) Knowledge in assesment of areas for blasting and painting i.e quantity surveyingProduction Engineer - ShipwrightDepartment : N / ACity : Job Segment : Engineer, Construction, Supply, Quality Assurance, QA, Engineering, Operations, Quality, Technology