PhD Biomedical Science program; Biomedical Science
College / Department Profile
Qatar University profile :
Qatar University is the national institution of highereducation in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduateprograms that prepare competent graduates, destined to shape the future ofQatar.
The university community has diverse and committed faculty that teachesand conduct research, which addresses relevant local and regional challenges,advances knowledge, and contributes actively to the needs and aspirations ofsociety.
Qatar University is an intellectual andscholarly community characterized by open discussion, the free exchange ofideas, respectful debate, and a commitment to rigorous inquiry.
All members ofthe University - faculty, staff, and students- are expected to advance thescholarly and social values embodied by the university .
College Profile :
The College of HealthScience (CHS) was founded in 2016 following a 30-year success story as adepartment within various colleges at Qatar University.
MSc) in biomedical science andmaster of public health (MPH).
CHS Vision :
The College of HealthSciences aspires to be an internationally-recognized model of excellence withdistinction in teaching, research, and community service.
CHS Mission :
In alignment with Qatar Vision 2030, our mission is to develop competent student graduates duly prepared for careers in health science-
related disciplines who will contribute to the delivery of optimal health care.
It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CHS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas.
Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF)is major source of research funding, with individual project funding limit exceeding 1million / project (5million exceptional projects) along with student research funding programs.
As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research-
active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities :
1. Teach courses in the area of expertise such as but not limited to Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Research methodology, Molecular basis of diseases, Developmental Genomics and Stem Cell Biology, Molecular diagnostics and quality assurance
2. Contribute to various committees at the Program, College, and University level
3. Contribute to the research profile of College through research publications
4. Serve as student advisor
5. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
1. Ph.D. biomedical science or related
2. Strong peer reviewed publications and grants record
3. Solid experience in supervising PhD students
4. Teaching experience at PhD and MS levels
5. Familiar with Educational technologies used in higher education sector
6. Willingness to work with teams
7. Awareness of working with people from diverse backgrounds
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed.
However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your applicatio
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.