Job Title : Head of Safety
Job Type : Contract / 24 Months
Job start date : Immediate
Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Responsible for the development, organization, planning and execution of Technical (MP) project SHE&S Culture to ensure nobody gets hurt.
2. Responsible for effective SHE surveillance across MP by developing self-assessment and review plans at appropriate intervals to ensure adequate oversight of SHE activities and performance & ensure compliance and communicate the outcome to MPLT and MP projects.
3. Ensure the deployment of lessons learned and best practices to MP projects and monitor effective implementation to further strengthen the SHE performance of MP.
4. Responsible for the coordination and development of weekly, monthly, and annual reporting on overall MP SHE performance by closely working with PMTs to ensure transparency and effective reporting that would enable measurement of leading and lagging indicators and thus help identify issues and risks proactively and devise corrective actions accordingly.
5. Lead all incident investigations for MP including teams formation, charter preparations and approvals and ensuring those are conducted timely and prepare the proper reporting and analysis for managements review.
Role is also expected to lead and participate in key technical reviews to enhance the SME content into the project execution plans and challenges.
6. Coordinates with Contractors SHE&S personnel, project management team, project personnel and Qatargas operating personnel for all SHE&S project deliverables
7. Provides SHE &S input to PMT during all phases of the project and also provide functional guidance and advice commensurate with the project nature and execution challenges and as requested by PMTs.
8. Maintain & foster effective SHE&S interfaces and working relationships with PMT, corporate SHE, and other functional SHE&S & Operations managers.
Role can also provide coverage to PMTs as necessary.
9. Responsible for championing Company Safety, Health and Environment policies and programs and carrying out specific duties and responsibilities related to this aspect.
10. Manages the onboarding of EPC CONTRACTOR, Subcontractors and Vendors to site, ensuring all relevant SHES requirements are met prior to the start of site works.
11. Champion on-site SHES awareness and safe performance with CONTRACTOR and among PMT. Daily attendance of Tool-Box Talks (TBT) and Task Instructions (TI), providing coaching and leadership to CONTRACTOR and its SUBCONTRACTOR(s) to ensure this fundamental communication tools are used to its optimum levels.
12. Provide oversight and guidance for site SHES and Regulatory compliance and performance during project fieldwork including compliance to RLC regulatory requirements.
Review and comment on CONTRACTOR SHES Plan and key supporting documents
13. Use networking, influencing skills, negotiation skills, and technical knowledge to help establish direction and culture for the Technical (Major Projects) EPC construction site.
Support and promote the project Observation & Intervention program and the Incident and Injury Free (IIF) program.
14. Participate in relevant site safety reviews, walkthroughs and audits as required. Participate in pre-start up safety reviews.
Participate in SHES assessments and inspections.
15. Ensure SIMOPS and relevant SHES programs for Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and start-up are in place and complied with.
16. Ensure the continual improvement of the CONTRACTOR SHES management system. Pro-active identification of negative trends which requires corrective action and remediation.