Job Title : HEAD, DRILLING OPERATIONS
Reference Code : OG-7002581
Drilling and completions.
Primary purpose of job
To manage the planning and execution of operations on offshore drilling units in safe and costeffective manner to meet Idd El Shargis IS business objectives.
1. Is responsible for all HSE aspects of the drilling units working in the IS fields Is accountable
for the development and implementation of the yearly HSE plan for the drilling developments.
2. Is accountable for the emergency response readiness of the drilling units and its staff.
3. Conducts and or leads incident investigations when appropriate.
4. Ensures that all drilling and workover operations are conducted safely and efficiently in
accordance with the approved drilling program, IS specific procedures, and the Drilling
5. Coordinates and supervises the activities of Drilling Supervisors DSVs and Completion
Supervisors regarding the drilling and completion of development and exploration wells.
6. Develops direct reports by means of performance appraisals, personal development plans,
assigning meaningful projects, and coaching and mentoring.
7. Manages the rig contracts. Evaluates and approves the drilling units and associated
8. Shares experiences on past results achieved and lessons learned with drilling team, contractors,
and asset development team as required to ensure improved overall department performance.
9. Consults on reviews critiques and approves well cost estimates and drilling programs.
Consults on reviews and critiques drilling prognoses. Is an active participant in well design
reviews and risk assessments.
10. Develops and delivers on the operational, financial safety and environmental goals and
objectives for each drilling and workover project.
Experience & Skills
of experience in Drilling Operations of which 5 years in a supervisory role.
motivate staff to deliver against strict timelines.
rigorous attention to detail.
Risk Management incl. Risk Assessment and Management of Change