DohaPolicies and ProceduresSection Five PersonnelPERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIESAdministration1. Assists the Principal in providing leadership to, and implementing, the total educationaland instructional program (including program review).
2. Assists the Principal in the day-to-day operations of the school.3. Implements the policies outlined in the EMS Policy Handbook.
4. Provides input into the preparation and implementation of the annual budget.5. Assists with the development of the school timetable and supervision schedules.
6. Effectively uses the school’s data management system (iSAMS) to track attendance,behavior and academic performance.7. Effectively uses the school’s data management system (iSAMS) to produce a variety ofreports.
8. Provides input to the preparation of the Student / Parent Handbook, the FacultyHandbook and the New Teacher Orientation Manual.
9. Chairs regular staff meetings for assigned division. This includes agendas and properlystored minutes.10. Assists the Principal in the gathering of data for inventory reports for school supplies,equipment and materials.
11. Assists the Head of School in the preparation of materials for the accreditation process.Staff1. Makes recommendations and participates in staff selection.
2. Does classroom observations as appropriate.3. Performs evaluations of staff members as delegated by the Principal.Students1.
Assists the Head of School in ensuring the safety and security of students and others inthe school educational programs and activities (on & of campus).
2. Ensures that students have the highest quality of education and activities possible.3. Implements the school discipline policy, as outlined in the schools handbooks.
4. Oversees the integration of new students into the school.5. Assists the Principal in facilitating student leadership activities.
6. Enforces the school uniform policy.7. Coordinates student assemblies.8. Oversees the Awards program.9. Oversees the development of school forms such as course planning guides, optionsbooklets and curriculum revision guides.
Professional Development1. Attends appropriate and relevant educational workshops, seminars and conferences oncurrent trends, practices and research.
2. Assists the Head of School in developing and implementing Teacher ProfessionalDevelopment activities.Curriculum1. Provides leadership / assistance to teachers in curriculum matters.
2. Assists the Head of School in the ordering of curriculum materials and textbooks.3. Maintains awareness of curriculum innovations that surface in areas outside the school.
4. Encourages teachers to incorporate a variety of teaching strategies and activities toimplement the philosophy, goals and objectives of the school.
5. Ensures that approved curriculum is taught and that approved materials are being usedfor instruction.6. Ensures that appropriate and accurate reporting procedures are followed.
7. Provides supportive leadership in curriculum review and program implementation.Other1. Assists the Principal in ensuring that accurate reporting procedures are followed(includes proofreading comments).
2. Attends Senior Leadership Team meetings as assigned by the Head of School.3. Assists the Principal in developing relationships to access community resources andservices to supplement the school programs.
4. Facilitates organizational efficiency by promoting and maintaining opencommunications and complying with established lines of authority.
5. Promotes positive student attitudes and mutual respect for all members of the schoolcommunity.6. Assists the Principal in the planning of meetings for parents.
7. Assists the Principal or Head of School with other tasks / functions as mutually agreed.8. Provides data to the Head of School for weekly campus reports to the Superintendent.
EVALUATION OF PERFORMANCE : Annually, in accordance with the EMS Evaluation Policy.TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT : As outlined in the employment contract.Revised Feb. 14, 2015