SR. PETROLEUM ENGINEER
Primary Purpose of Job
Provide expert Petroleum Engineering input to analyse wellintegrity problems and to recommend corrective measures toestablish integrity of the wells in Dukhan field.
Conduct relevantpetroleum-engineering studies related to well integrity and supportthe design review for the new wells. Search and evaluate innovativetechnology to improve Well Integrity Engineering diagnostic andrepair techniques.
Principal Accountabilities 1. Analyse wellintegrity problems and recommend remedial measures by managing theprocess for data investigation to ensure the integrity of Dukhanwells, the safety of personnel and the protection of theenvironment.
2. Develop strategy and prepare programs to carry outwell integrity investigations on critical wells to ensure arigorous and comprehensive assessment of well problems.
3. Overseethe implementation and quality control of critical activities byvisiting the well locations to ensure that well integrityinvestigations are performed efficiently and that any unforeseenoperational problems are managed correctly.
4. Evaluate drilling,work-over and completion proposals by giving particular attentionto well integrity issues to ensure that the design of new andworkover wells adequately address well integrity and abandonmentrequirements.
5. Investigate and evaluate innovative technology toimprove well integrity diagnostics and remedial action and makerecommendations for follow-up trials.
6. Manage the execution ofinnovative technology trials and based upon the results makerecommendations for contracting the services to enhance wellintegrity operations and to reduce downtime and cost.
7. Assess andrank the integrity of Dukhan wells by evaluating wellbore cementquality, especially across reservoir and potential aquiferformations to ensure the complete isolation between the formationsand the environment.
8. Manage the risk assessment process for"high risk" wells by coordinating andfacilitating HAZOP workshops to ensure that well integrity risksare systematically identified and rigorously managed.
9. Establishthe safe operating envelope (MAASP & MAWOP) for Dukhanwells by taking into account the evaluation of annuli pressures,laboratory analysis of annuli effluents, corrosion reports andcased hole log analysis, to ensure that wells are operated safelywithin approved criterion.
10. Develop and mentor Qatari engineersas well as the engineers having less experience to help achieve QPCorporate objectives for Qatarization.