Job Title : HEAD, DRILLING ENGR (COST / CONTROL / BDGT)
Reference Code : OG-7002967
Drilling and completions
Primary purpose of job
To develop, manage, supervise, and monitor the Drilling & Completions (D&C) Department operational and 5-year business plans and budget in line with the international industry standards, the ORM, and the QP corporate policy requirements and to manage all AFE's in the department to control the well cost budget.
To manage and supervise all Department's monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and all VU
1. Manage & supervise the preparations of the Drilling Department Budget. Monitor expenditure and produce quarterly updates to cover changes in the drilling & completions plans.
Manage the preparations of Drilling & Completions contributions for the QP 5 years and 10 years corporate business plans.
2. Manage and supervise the preparations of the AFEs related to all Drilling & Completions Department activities, in respect of Capital Well Costs and Capital Movable Projects / Non Routine Projects.
Submit AFEs to Managing Director for approval.
3. Manage and resolve all the Internal Audit and State Audit Bureau queries regarding historical or current budget I costs control and focalisation data.
Prepare replies for Internal & State Auditors on technical queries in respect of Drilling & Completions Department business plans & budget.
4. Direct the process of all Drilling & Completions Department, Contractors invoices as per the services and TSA contracts.
Manage a plan and direct engineers to obtain maximum cost efficiency and accordance to the contracts SOW & SOP as well Terms of Conditions.
This includes all VU Departments Technical Services Agreements, BOQ, RIO, SES and service invoices.
5. Investigate any technical and operational matters that impact contractual obligations and / or
entitlements. Coordinate with Offshore I Onshore Drilling & Completions Operations to ensure proper control and administration of the existing contracts and day-to-day cost management with particular regard to operations downtime, NPT, unplanned events & contracts zero rates charges.
Manage the HSE through all Drilling & Completions Department areas.
6. Direct the preparations of Drilling Department's Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Reports to VU via Drilling & Completions Department Operations Manager & Assistant Manager Drilling, Planning and Contracts, including a summary of all the Drilling Department cost optimization activities and results
7. Review the monthly and year-end accruals prepared by subordinates and follow-up with Finance Department for the appropriate costing and allocation and with Offshore / Onshore Drilling Managers for issuance of SES's & cost variance reports to VF.
8. Contribute as a focal point for Drilling & Completion Department for the 5 years Business Plan, QP Asset Plan, and VU Quarterly & Yearly KPls as well DFP for the yearly & 5 years work plan
budget. Represent the division in the Drilling Risk Management and Business continuity
9. Supervises the allocations of appropriate cost centers and opens new ones for budget preparation and payment of invoices.
Oversees the Operations Engineers to understand and utilize the correct allocation of the WBS and cost centers.
10. Develop Qatarization plan and training programs for all the subordinates. Initiate and support training and further development of Qatari staff.
Experience & Skills
At least 15 years oil industry experience in drilling and operations engineering with at least 5 years in a Drilling Operations Engineering role with well site experience and 5 years in a supervisory role relating to drilling activities management, drilling contracts management.
All related to drilling & completions operations.