Job Title : DRILLING SUPERVISOR
Reference Code : OG-7002873
Drilling & completions
Primary purpose of job
To be the QP Company representative on the offshore jack-up drilling rig and thereby to be responsible for all operations on the rig and to ensure they are performed in a safe and efficient manner and achieve their objectives.
1. Direct and control operations at the rig site to ensure they are performed In accordance with QP requirements and without accidents of any kind.
In particular ensure that the operations are efficiently and safely performed in compliance with the approved drilling or workover program, the Drilling Reference Manual ORM the Drilling Department Golden Rules, and that all rig site personnel are aware of and adhere to these requirements.
2. Manage HSE at the rig site as the highest priority by demonstrating visible HSE leadership and an unrelenting commitment to a safe working environment.
This shall include : Participating in the Drilling Contractors STOP program to identify unsafe conditions or procedures, performing at least one full STOP walkabout per week and encouraging active participation by all Service Company personnel in the STOP program to eliminate accidents before they occur.
3. Report all HSE incidents in a timely and accurate manner using the SAP system, and lead the initial on-site investigation of all incidents and near misses, to identify and document the sequence of events and immediate causes of the incident as quickly as possible.
4. Resolve operational problems as they arise within the framework of the QP policies and standards, and ensure that non-routine or unforeseen activities are always meticulously planned and organized to identify potential hazards and to mitigate risks.
5. Review the drilling or workover program prior to the start of operations to ensure that the equipment and personnel on the rig are capable to perform the work and that there are no errors or anomalies in the program.
6. Report all daily activities and enter well data and cost information in Open-Wells, to ensure complete and correct record of activities with accurate cost Information for future analysis and performance improvement.
7. Manage the bi-weekly BOP pressure and function test, and sign-off the test record and pressure charts. Verify the correct BOP certification is available at the rig site, to ensure the Integrity of this critical equipment in accordance with QP standards.
8. Manage rig operations by planning and prioritizing activities, and making written instructions for the Drilling Contractor OIM and service Company representatives, to ensure that the program objectives are achieved in an efficient and timely manner and within budget.
Provide written handover to back-to back DSV and maintain a record of lessons learned and improvement opportunities, to facilitate continuous performance improvement.
9. Supervise and monitor all QP Contractors involved in the rig operations, to ensure a high quality of work is performed in accordance with QP requirements.
This shall include assessing and documenting service quality, verifying certification, and compliance documents for all equipment and chemicals delivered to the rig site.
10. Monitor, train and support new QP graduate engineers. This shall include assigning specific tasks to broaden the learning process to ensure effective on-the-job training and development of Qatari nationals.
Experience & Skills