Research and Graduate Studies
College / Department Profile
Qatar University Profile :
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility.
This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Duties & Responsibilities Job Summary : - The Digital Curator of QU Press will be responsible for the maintenance and update of information in the publishing software of QU Press.
He / she will be responsible for establishing archiving procedures (for publication files), life-cycle plans for hardware, and handling routine needs of the Press staff.
He / she and the team will export the Press’s publication metadata to the website and industry online distribution channels.
He / she will set-up the database for handling the back-office operations related to curation. He / she will also handle other related ITS requirements for the Press.
Key Responsibilities : - To handle the content management and feed of production softwares of the Press. - To create an archiving system that guarantee ease of search and connection to other library and distribution systems.
Education and Certifications : - Library or related studies with strong knowledge in ITS softwares, systems and digital services.
Languages : - Arabic (required) - English (required) Experience : - Minimum of 3 years of experience in archiving services of a library or University Press.
Non Academic :
1. Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
2. Experience Certificates.
3. At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed.
However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
Non Academic :
1. Competitive tax-free salary.
2. Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
3. Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
4. Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
5. Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
6. End-of-contract indemnity.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.