EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
WORKING EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
1) Commitment to NKOM Core Values
2) Verbal and Written Communication Skills
3) Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office / Excel / Power point)
4) Performance Appraisal Skills
5) Leadership Skills
6) Project Management Skills
7) Knowledge of Shipyard Operations
8) Analytical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
9) Budgeting / Business Planning Skills
11) Negotiation Skills
12) Change Management Skills
1) Perform shipyard maintenance operations.
2) Carry out facility management.
3) Planning and Organizing Skills.
4) Perform Mechanical and Electrical design and modification job.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Ensures the yard facility and equipment are well maintained.
2) Assist in preparation, revision, execution and monitoring of all aspect of maintenance philosophy.
3) Assist in the preparation of cost benefit analysis and business cases for new assets of the replacement of existing assets.
4) Direct Maintenance Engineers in the preparation of Failure Root Cause analysis and assist in identifying solutions to repeat failures.
5) Assist in preparation of asset status reports.
6) Plans preventive & corrective maintenance according to vessel stemming schedule.
7) Manages the welfare of the people in the department, including identification of their training needs.
8) Authorizes purchase of equipment, spares and materials needed.
9) Monitors yard facilities and reports to the Plant and Maintenance Manager, where necessary.
10) Ensures the equipment and tools used by the department is maintained, including the inspection of calibration, measuring and testing equipment.
11) Responds to customer complaints and takes corrective action on errors as defined in the IMS, as necessary.
12) Monitors Section Performance Indicators as defined in the Nakilat-Keppel Shipyard Quality Policy and Objectives Matrix.
13) Conducts section review to requirements as defined in the IMS.
14) Ensures that the SAP Module is maintained according to the schedule.
15) Identifies and monitors CAPEX items.
16) Generates, monitors and controls department budgets.
17) Appoints approved sub-contractors.
18) Ensures good housekeeping at the facilities and work areas of the department.
19) Conducts and arranges a monthly section review meeting.
20) Reviews IMS, WI, IHA, RA and Aspect Impact Register on regular basis.
21) Performs any other assigned duties and responsibilities.
22) Oversee execution of daily operations, making sure maintenance plans are met. Manage handling of logistics, people resources and administrative processes.
23) Support in translating annual workforce and work strategies into action plans to meet the maintenance requirements.
24) Monitor performance against targets and deliverables for all services including performance of own team and subcontracting partners.
25) Cascade and feedback communication to provide clarity to business direction in relation to people and / or priorities to mitigate uncertainty.
26) Contribute with timely updates and inputs such as lead and lag indication data to inform stakeholders to support internal decision making and performance review processes.
27) Model a collaborative and cross-organizational relationship within and between maintenance and operations and support functions to ensure alignment to desired high performance culture.
28) Drive a safety culture within the team through role modelling safety values and behaviors. Ensure compliance with health, safety, security and environment standards.
29) Manage, monitor and align resource and cost allocation in compliance with budget requirements and work plan.
30) Engage and develop all personnel through initiating clear directives, driving continual improvement efforts and leading change management.
31) Develop key performance indicators to be used for feedback to the team, to address performance issues, make changes and monitor performance improvements.
32) Apply skills, knowledge and ability to ensure people and resources enable production throughput rate to be safely achievable in line with Section Plan and KPIs in line with N-
KOM Values and IMS system.
33) Drive high quality standards in the department to ensure all employees compliance to deliver high quality services and products and achieve customer satisfaction.