COMPANY : NAKILAT-KEPPEL OFFSHORE & MARINE LIMITED
LOCATION : RAS LAFFAN, QATAR JOB PURPOSE
To Lead a team of Piping engineers, Designers & draftsmen to execute & technically Oversee Piping & mechanical Engineering Activities for any Marine & Offshore Project EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
1) Analytical thinking
2) Budgeting / business planning
3) Coaching and mentoring skills
4) Commitment to Health, Safety & Environment
5) Verbal and written communication skills
6) Computer literacy- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ACAD, Piping design software’s
12) Negotiation skills
13) People and Teamwork (Interpersonal skills)
14) Performance appraisal skills
15) Presentation skills
16) Problem solving skills
17) Project management skills
18) Knowledge of shipyard operations
19) Time management skills ii Functional
1) Jack Up Drilling Rigs New Build, Repair & Conversion
2) LPG / LNG carriers mechanical & piping system Design & Installation
3) Knowledge of Piping & Mechanical systems for LNG, Oil tankers, etc., Jack UP Rigs & other marine vessels
4) Knowledge of All Class & Statutory Rules for various marine piping & drilling systems for ships & MODU
5) Knowledge of various mechanical & Piping design codes such ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, API 650, ASME Section 8 Div1
6) Knowledge of marine & drilling Equipment functions, static & rotating equipment specifications, Sizing design limitations & applications for Ships, Jack up & semi-
submersible rigs, Jackets & Offshore Top side modules
7) Knowledge of 3D Modelling software’s for Piping, Piping pressure drop calculations for compressible & in compressible fluid systems, Piping support calculations, Transient flow calculations etc.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1.) To be aware of latest industry practice for mechanical & piping systems for rigs, Offshore jackets & Topsides & ships.
2.) To be able to develop Machinery arrangement plans for different machinery spaces on Rigs, Ships like Engine room, Pump rooms, Switchboard rooms, Machinery decks, helideck as per client Requirement, Class & statutory rules, Offshore design codes & Vendor Drawings.
3.) To be able to review contract technical documents & develop work scope, prepare technical Clarifications, assign work to Engineers, designers, develop design Plan for Piping & mechanical system scope, prepare list of design deliverables in line with the scope of work, prepare schedule for detailed Engineering based on the construction schedule
4.) To be able to coordinate with Client, Classification society & vendors on technical Requirements of project
5.) To be able to develop technical specifications & RFQ for various static & rotating equipment’s equipment like, Air Compressors, Pumps, water makers, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, Purifiers, Anchor winches, HVAC, Foam systems, Water Heaters, etc.
for Procurement & Bidding purposes in accordance with various design requirements contract technical specifications, relevant Industry and statutory codes.
6.) To able to do Calculations for mechanical & Piping systems Compressed air, HVAC, seawater, Ballast, Bilge, fire main, Potable water, Engine cooling, Exhaust system, vent & sound, emergency bilge, Hydraulic piping system, sanitary & deck drain.
7.) To review vendor designs & Quotations & advise production & purchasing department.
8.) To be able to prepare & review technical bid Evaluations for various yard furnished equipment’s
9.) To lead a team of Engineers, designers & draftsmen to produce drawings on time & schedule
10.) To be directly responsible for Meeting department KPIS
11.) To ensure department IMS procedures are followed for design development & control
12.) To be able to review the owner & class comments.
13.) To be able to resolve site issues & give solutions to production
14.) To be responsible for training & development of the piping & mechanical Engineering team
15.) To identify and create Potential change orders as per technical scope of work.
16.) To advise Engineering Manager on technical issues to ensure Class compliance & owner Comments.