1. Ensure thetimely ordering of the day to day requisitions received from EndUser, by using the software used for the procurement and the supplychain.
2. Monitor requisitions entered in Company’ssoftware, Purchasing and Inventory System from vessels and generate Request for Quotation’ from Approvedsuppliers, implementing Company’s relevant policies,procedures and initiatives.
3. Analyze quotations on avalue cost basis commensurate with Quality and availability inorder to ensure cost efficiency.
4. Raise Purchase Orders’ once the End User approvesthe RFQ and track Purchase Orders’ fromSupplier via warehouses and freight forwarders till deliveryon-board vessel.
5. Assist the Accounting function fordisputed invoices related to Material items and Freight forwarding.6. Assist the End User / Superintendent in the preparation of thebudget.
7. Ensure the goods / services delivered is in compliancewith International Rules and regulations applicable the End User,(SOLAS, Wheel mark, etc.
8. Report to the Head of Purchasing anyspecific vessel requirements. 9. Coordinate the purchase of LubeOil to the vessels in order to ensure smooth delivery withoutdelays and issues.
10. Evaluate in cooperation with the MarinePurchasing Officers & Head of Purchasing various suppliersin order to maintain cooperation with the most valuable suppliersfor the company.
11. Monitor and manage suppliers’performance and lead suppliers’ improvement programmes inorder to enhance competitiveness and progress.
12. Apply the mostappropriate Purchasing strategies, including efficient procurementprocesses and supplier-base management, wherever possible ensuringfair and free competition between potential suppliers.
13. Assist in providing reports on purchasing performance, throughanalyzing all available data and propose plans to the Head ofPurchasing so as to meet individual, team or Supply departmentobjectives.
14. Arrange freight shipments, coordinate emergencyrepair needs, pick-ups and deliveries in a cost effective andtimely manner to respond to customer needs and keep abreast ofdepartment of Transportation shipping regulations.
15.Travel to conduct Vendor Audits as required by the management andthe needs of the business. Record Management : 16. Maintain accuraterecords for audit trail purposes as per P&P of thepurchasing section.
17. Maintain appropriate records to ensure thatthe procurement process and the contractual agreements areaccurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
18.Provide assistance in managing the administrative process frompreparation of all documents till the award of the contract.
19.Assist the Head of Purchasing in maintaining all relatedprocurement documents and manuals. 20. Assist in the preparation ofRequests for Quotation, Initiation to Bid, Requests for Proposaland ensure timely dispatch of these documents to concernedparties.
Generic Accountabilities : Quality, Health,Safety, & Environment (QHSE) : 21. Adhere to all relevantQHSE policies, procedures, instructions and controls so thatNAKILAT provides safe, world class, secure and environmentallyresponsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures : 22. Follow allrelevant departmental policies and procedures so that work iscarried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
23. Work withother team members to streamline and optimize the related processesto improve the efficiency of the Section.
Others : 24. Build andmaintain healthy relationships with new and existing suppliers 25.Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.Key Result Areas