Job Purpose :
design and equipment technical andexecution definition, selection, and design, including planning forDetailed Design, Procurement, Installation, and Testing / Commissioning.
Ensures that related technical requirements (e.g.project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during EPCLfully comply with project requirements.
Effectively collaboratesand interfaces with PMT and EPC contractor engineers and Operationspersonnel (as required) to ensure that the Pipelines scope ofsupply is fully integrated and optimized.
Provides oversight of the Pipelines team as well as EPCcontractor’s, and, as required, Vendor’s and / orEngineering Subcontractor’s production of associateddeliverables within project budget and schedule.
1. Provides Pipelines engineering expertise while supervisingPipelines team.
2. Maintains close liaisonwith Engineering Manager and PMT counterparts and gains alignmenton Pipelines engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
3. Owns the preparation and stewardship ofPipelines scope of work in contract and drives design alternativestudies, as required, to optimize project cost and schedule.
4. Responsible for maintaining technicalalignment with Client Operations.
5.Provides Pipelines engineering data (narrative, charts, graphs,etc.) for the monthly progress reporting and stewardship.
6. Ensures quality assurance and productiontiming of the Pipelines engineering deliverables is in accordancewith the approved project execution schedule.
7. Manages the timely delivery of technical attachments andscope description to all Pipelines-related purchase orders and ownsthe Pipelines-related technical attachments and scope descriptionto all fabrication and construction contracts.
8. Manages Pipelines engineering design in accordance withthe project's change management program.
9. Responsible for being knowledgeable of lessons learnedfrom previous projects with the same contractor and capturing andcommunicating Pipelines engineering and design lessons learned forthe current project.
10. Assessescontractor capability and ensures Pipelines engineering or othertechnical support is available to address gaps
develops and stewards recovery plans to address anyschedule delays.
12. Stewards the EPCcontractor's Pipelines-related activities with respect toPipelines engineering execution including :
o Ensures all affected parties are familiar with Pipelinesengineering execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overalljob requirements.
o Ensures that the EPCcontractor staffs the Pipelines team with adequate numbers ofqualified personnel.
o Ensures that theEPC contractor employs the appropriate Pipelines design tools,including computer hardware and software.
o Ensures that the EPC contractor adheres to all appropriatePipelines specifications and standards.
oEnsures that the EPC contractor provides all contract documents,including those referred to in the contract.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)