Department of Educational Sciences
Qatar University Profile :
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility.
This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
College Profile :
The College of Education, founded in 1973, is the oldest college at the University of Qatar and remains central to realizing the goals of the Education Reform.
Its mission is to prepare and develop educational practitioners and leaders that have the information, skills, and attitudes to support the personal development of every student in Qatari schools and to achieve comprehensive quality in meeting the educational needs and objectives of Qatari society.
The top priorities of the College of Education are the excellence of its academic programs and the quality of its research activities.
Duties & ResponsibilitiesCandidates will be considered for the position on thebasis of the selection criteria below. The candidate shouldaddress thesecriteria in the application :
1 Teaching experience in higher education in the field of TeachingArabic Studies.
2 An active research profile in the area of specialization.
3 Proven ability to work in a collaborative, collegial environment
4 Ability to use ICT for personal and professional purposes.
5 Experience teaching courses in Arabic Studies.
6 A record of achievement that warrants appointment at the rankofAssistant Professor.
1 Doctorate in Educational sciences / Methods of Teaching ArabicStudiesor cognate area.
2 Minimum of 3 years teaching experience with demonstrated evidenceofexcellence in teaching.
3 Excellent ICT skills.
4 Academic and professional record including promotions,advancement,publications, and presentations.
Academic : 1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed.
However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.